StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may ride from Seattle to Ontario for a wedding this summer. Washington State requires no insurance for Motos. But Canada does, right? So what Canadian Insurance companies should I look into?

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I may ride from Seattle to Ontario for a wedding this summer. Washington State requires no insurance for Motos. But Canada does, right? So what Canadian Insurance companies should I look into?
How much of a risk taker are you? What do you have to lose? ie. what is your net worth?
Why not buy insurance and cancel it when you get back? BTW - insurance you buy in the US will be valid in Canada (caveat - there might be a few exceptions but by and large they all work).

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Buy the best insurance you can afford and enjoy yourself. Not doing so and you have a mishap you'll end up sucking eggs.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Buy insurance in the states. The broker will know what is the minimum amount of liability insurance needed. In British Columbia the minimum is 200,000 third party liability for vehicles registered in BC. It is good anywhere in Canada and the US. Get a policy you can cancel. It will cost more or there will usually be a cancellation fee. you can also get term medical insurance in case you end up in hospital. As healthcare up here is in general cheaper I've heard the terms are reasonable.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
There are so many uninsured drivers in the US I can't imagine not having it on my moto even if not required. Less than $300 for a year and peace of mind. Not to mention towing in case of breakdown or accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts