StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thought id look in to this problem before I take it to the shop.

On a fairly rough off road ride my instuments all stoped working, thats speedo, tacho, fuel, temp and indicators now wont work eather however the clock still does. Has any one experienced this problem before :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Chef

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Check the fuse box under the seat. The 15A signal fuse has probably blown. Mine has gone out on a few occasions this winter and I'm not sure why either, stator problem?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Also, check the wiring harness for shorts. The wires under the fuel tank can be rubbed through and short. This can cause everything in the gauge cluster to go dead. Ask me how I know. :headbang:

·
Registered
317 Posts
You probably don't have a tail light / brake light either.

I had a short on my first '04 DL650 in the main wiring harness that kept blowing that fuse and losing tail lights and all dash items.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first thing I did was check the fuses, and they where all fine. Seems a bit werd that everthing is out but the clock :confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The clock requires very little power and is on whether the ignition is or not. A marginal connection in the ignition on power wire to the cluster will do just what you describe for example. If you get a tail and brake light, check the large connector under the rubber cover in the left side of the fairing and the connection to the instrument cluster itself.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I will try all the conectors before I send to the shop. If I cant find anything do you think it would be covered under waranty ?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If your warranty has not expired, it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts