StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of removing much of the front fairing, lights, etc. and need to get some ideas of what options I have for a different instrument cluster. What recommendations do you have for 'small and simple'? How difficult will it be to adapt from the Strom harness to another cluster? This is something I've never messed with and really need some help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It would be helpful to know what year and size V-Strom you have.
How many of the current gauges do you want to retain?
Have you considered remounting your existing instrument pack in a custom enclosure?

·
Registered
14,237 Posts
I suppose there are a number of instruments available to the racing crowd. Adapting them over might be interesting.
On old Wee's, like my '04, there are gear indicator plug and play things i've read about.
Stewart Warner used to make stuff for cars. People i knew used to scrounge old military surplus stores for neat instruments and gauges.
We used to get really neat landing lights for night driving in the desert but LED's are so much more practical now.
Have you checked out what guys do to run Rallies like Paris/dakar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be helpful to know what year and size V-Strom you have.
Sorry, mine is a 05 DL1000. I used the forum title as a guide and obviously didn't set up my signature correctly yet to identify myself, my bad.

I'm basically turning my Vee into a custom street, daily commuter ride and want the bare essentials. No more long hauls on this bike for me but I don't want to part with it either; this is my solution.

Didn't really know if any AM company has invested the $$ into plug & play options like this; I don't see the value. With that I'll most likely have to find something that is not really too old and have quite the wiring project ahead of me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to the 'related threads' listed at the bottom of the page I just discovered a company call Acewell. Their products are exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with Acewell and the installations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts