StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There! My roommate backed into my strom and knocked it over, it landed on its handlebars, and destroyed them.

I bought an OEM replacement and am ready to install them. Are there any instructions out there? It seems really straight forward but I'm concerned about taking off the throttle, and master cylinder. I just want to make sure everything is done correctly.

Oddly enough, this is the second roommate related (different roommate than the first time) accident. He's paid for all of the damage, so not too concerning.

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
165 Posts
No instructions that I'm aware of, but it is pretty straight-forward. No worries about the throttle or clutch, you can't really get anything out of whack unless you play with the cable adjusters. MC won't leak. The real PITA, if I recall, other than the bar end internals, is the left grip. Mine had so much adhesive that I had to cut it off, which was fine because I was installing Oxford heated grips at the same time as making the bar swap. Looks like you have those too, so you should be fine!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Heated grips?
I have straightened bars with a length of pipe.
Pretty easy bolt on/off job to replace. Good luck with left grip.
I replaced mine with Tusk brand in a bend recommended here.
If/when going aftermarket you need to dremel off the locator tits on the controls.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heated grips?

If/when going aftermarket you need to dremel off the locator tits on the controls.
Yes on the grips. I installed them a few weeks before he backed into the bike.

Good to know about the tit's. Staying stock though.

Thank you both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts