StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I've decided to install new turn signals after smashing two stock signals and seeing how expensive they are to replace.

Anyway, the signals I bought have 3 wires (power, ground & running lights).

I know how to connect the power and the ground but where do I run the running lights wire in order to have them turn on with the bike?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
its an old subject

Greetings!

I've decided to install new turn signals after smashing two stock signals and seeing how expensive they are to replace.

Anyway, the signals I bought have 3 wires (power, ground & running lights).

I know how to connect the power and the ground but where do I run the running lights wire in order to have them turn on with the bike?

Any advice would be appreciated.
its an old subject, do a search

btw-I just replace mine, no need for running lights

·
Registered
657 Posts
Good thinking Dave D. My running lights front & rear are visible from the sides too so they act as marker lights
as well as running lights. More visibility, especially at night, is very desireable IMHO.

For the 3rd wire ( [+] low watt filament ) I tapped into the headlight feed in the front for my 3 wire turn signals, and
tapped into the taillight feed in the rear for two add-on tail/brake lights. If the heated grip feed behind the radiator
is unused, it would work for the front 3rd wire also.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Heated grip connector would work.

My preference for daytime running lights is the webelectric.com DLR-1 module that illuminates the bright filament for the running lights, then changes to blink for the turn signal. The bright filament is much more conspicuous to drivers. Long life bulbs are available, perhaps by special order, at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to tap into the grip heaters because they are not being used.

I just got the stuff from ebay so I will be installing this week. I will let you know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts