StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need new cables or lines to install 2" risers? I just ordered ROX risers and really hope there is enough slack in the cables and lines to do this without having to replace something else.
Also thinking about 1" lowering links as I only have a 29" inseam. Im concerned about the side bags on the adventure model while cornering. Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
You can increase the side bag clearance off the pavement by moving your upper body to the inside of the turn. This photo shows that--the knee down is just for the photographer--but we can be trained to lean our bodies toward the pavement (not a natural movement), or self trained. The Lee Parks Total Control riding clinics are one great way to learn better riding.
Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Risers were mentioned on a earlier post, so far the it seems you have to get all new lines, and they aren't cheap! --BB

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think you need a special kit from what I remember as the connections are diffrent from the last model. Search the forum, I think one of the regulars put the kit together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I did see a post where someone used genmar risers and replaced brake lines. I was hoping some others may have done it and not had to replace brake lines or cables.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yes I did see a post where someone used genmar risers and replaced brake lines. I was hoping some others may have done it and not had to replace brake lines or cables.
I did not have risers installed on the wee, but I did have them installed on my previous bike. I used 1" risers, and I did NOT have to change the cables, but it was a very tight fit and the wires were pulled. If I would have gotten anything longer, I would have definitely had to change the cables. With the wee, I would say that without a shadow of a doubt, you would have to change the cables using 2" risers, even with 1" risers as I noticed the tolerances were very tight with the cables when installing my hand guards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rox risers 2"

Some guys in the uk have fitted the 2" risers without any alterations, so I a
bought a set last week, went to install today & gave up.:furious:

They will fit, but even after removing the brake line clamp's & cable clamps to give more play in the cables they felt like piano strings so reinstalled original.

Brake line needs to be extended but not available in uk.

Looks possible to re-route other cables & should be ok.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think SV Racing sells a brake line kit to lengthen them for around $200-$250, you may e-mail him. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think SV Racing sells a brake line kit to lengthen them for around $200-$250, you may e-mail him. Cheers--BB
Yup, $250.00 for the new brake line kit....Beaver shows extensions on his site for the left and right side wiring. It's all a pretty big deal and a little discouraging. I too would like to go with the RoxRisers...they are an excellent alternative with maximum adjustability..........If anyone actually gets this all done I would like to see their review.............

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone had success in installing the 1" bar risers? I just bought some 33 mm (1.18") bar risers from Touratech and am questioning whether they will work given the responses above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. So I guess I will answer my own question...:thumbup: Yep, they will work, at least on my bike they did and the only line that is close to being tight is the brake oil line. I tweeked the guide pieces a bit to make sure there is minimal strain on the line but it looks pretty good. :hurray:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Today I installed the 33mm risers on the Glee. I loosened the brake line clamp. That gave me slack to install the risers.I screwed the clamp back on to the frame using the same hole after some fiddling. So far it looks like no issues. It doesn't look like it will go much higher without requiring longer brake lines. :hurray:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do I need new cables or lines to install 2" risers? I just ordered ROX risers and really hope there is enough slack in the cables and lines to do this without having to replace something else.
Also thinking about 1" lowering links as I only have a 29" inseam. Im concerned about the side bags on the adventure model while cornering. Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts. Thanks.
I put the 2" Rox on my 12' 650 and did not need to change lines. The brake line is the only one I had trouble with. I routed the line between the steering stem and the right fork and between the tripples. I removed the bolt and the hose guide on the lower tripple and replaced it with a longer bolt so I could put a piece of rubber hose on the bolt to act as a guide for the brake hose. I did not use the OEM hose guide. It's a little tight when the steering is locked to the left and you might play with the bar angle and brake position to squeeze a little more length. Galfer is working on another way to fix this without costing $250 If they can do it I will spend the money. Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the 2 inch Rox risers but couldnt install due to the brake line. I ordered a new brake line +4 inches from Spiegler for about $65. but havent had the time to install them yet. they are out of Dayton, Ohio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 2 inch Rox risers but couldnt install due to the brake line. I ordered a new brake line +4 inches from Spiegler for about $65. but havent had the time to install them yet. they are out of Dayton, Ohio.
Photos and details of your installation and parts would be much appreciated !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts