StromTrooper banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
6,380 Posts
Just to be clear, the Pro-Taper SE ATV Mid have less sweep than stock? I am looking for less pull back (sweep) - basically a straighter bar. Also how much higher is the ATV Mid vs. stock? The thread I found indicated that the height of stock was 3.75" vs. 5.90" for mid and 6.30 for high.
I find that strange as my memory is that the OEM and Pro Taper SE ATV mid were of similar height, and I do have to wonder about just 0.4" difference between the MID and the HIGH? That seems unlikely to me - hardly worth having two bars almost identical.
The MID bars have less sweep/pull back vs. OEM and tend to keep your elbows out dirt bike style which is quite reasonable as in tight turning conditions quads are far more upper body demanding and more leverage is desirable. I should have shortened mine by 1/2" both sides. Still much wider that OEM, even when narrowed.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
I find that strange as my memory is that the OEM and Pro Taper SE ATV mid were of similar height, and I do have to wonder about just 0.4" difference between the MID and the HIGH? That seems unlikely to me - hardly worth having two bars almost identical.
You got me curious, as like you said, less than a half inch hardly makes it worthwhile.

The SE ATV specs according to Pro Taper:

ATV Bar - Height - Rise - Sweep
Low - 140mm (5.5") - 88mm (3.5") - 84mm (3.3")
Mid - 150mm (5.9") - 93mm (3.7") - 96mm (3.0")
High - 160mm (6.3") - 104mm (4.1") - 100mm (3.9")

I guess this is why I don't manufacture motorcycle handle bars. :smile2:

·
Administrator
6,380 Posts
It does seem strange. I downloaded from ProTaper.com and those numbers (except 96mm) are correct. I can only speculate that the varying "rise" somehow affects the effective height.
I can see why the OP had problems with his Raptors though.
It is also a little odd to see that the different heights also have varying sweeps, and that the MID's have the least sweep of all. I guess there is a reason.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
It does seem strange. I downloaded from ProTaper.com and those numbers (except 96mm) are correct. I can only speculate that the varying "rise" somehow affects the effective height.
I can see why the OP had problems with his Raptors though.
It is also a little odd to see that the different heights also have varying sweeps, and that the MID's have the least sweep of all. I guess there is a reason.
Sorry. My fault on the 96. I fat fingered it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts