38,103 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The vacuum ports on the Glee are all occupied. You'll need to cut the present hoses and insert tee junction pieces in them then combine the hoses off those two tees with another tee. I'm pretty sure that involves more tees than come with the kit so you'll probably need extra vacuum tees.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vacuum ports on the Glee are all occupied. You'll need to cut the present hoses and insert tee junction pieces in them then combine the hoses off those two tees with another tee. I'm pretty sure that involves more tees than come with the kit so you'll probably need extra vacuum tees.
Good to know-thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the rostra cruise control last fall. It is great on the highway. There is no vacuum canister to worry about.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
A question for those with CC. With a car you set it then take your foot off the accelerator. On a bike you're still gripping the throttle so doesn't that interfere with the operation?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I add some slack to the throttle cable and keep a loose grip. It's easy to add more throttle so I let up occasionally to prevent that.

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
A question for those with CC. With a car you set it then take your foot off the accelerator. On a bike you're still gripping the throttle so doesn't that interfere with the operation?
It works just like in a car. You'll feel the CC pick up and you can release the throttle. The only ways to cancel the CC engagement are engaging the brake or hitting the cancel switch. Holding the throttle won't keep the CC from engaging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts