StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a Great way to add value and prevent knocking a hole in your expensive radiator! The Guard is available from Cox Racing. http://www.coxracingroup.com/
It comes in two colors. Titanium and black. For some reason titanium is $5.00 cheaper. $64.95.
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT110029/sc.2/category.80/.f
This is a EZ install!

You want to AVOID THIS!

Ok the 'kit' if you want to call it that comes with the guard, some self adhesive weatherstrip bits and 2 Zip-ties...

BEFORE pic...

This pic is of the 'back-side of the guard. It mounts with the lower radiator bolt and two Zip ties, on top. Note the weatherstrip bits used to 'hold off the guard from the radiator.

The installed guard. The installation takes 15 minutes tops.
I now have installed Guards on 4 bikes. 3 Yamaha's and the Wee.
Ive never encountered a cooling problem with these guards.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for a rad guard for awhile now and had been unimpressed with the others I had found. This one looks to be pretty good, so I just ordered one. The website says it fits 04-06, I have an 08, so I am taking a chance on whether it'll fit or not but I don't think it will be a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Radiator Guard for my 650 Wee

Did an E-bay bid for my guard. With shipping the radiator guard came to $$63.85. The seller also had a matching Oil Cooler guard for an extra $12.00. Mounting looks quite simple, existing bolts should work fine, I'll find out in a few hours. If I'm happy with my purchase I'll post some before & after pic's along with his E-bay name.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Did an E-bay bid for my guard. With shipping the radiator guard came to $$63.85. The seller also had a matching Oil Cooler guard for an extra $12.00. Mounting looks quite simple, existing bolts should work fine, I'll find out in a few hours. If I'm happy with my purchase I'll post some before & after pic's along with his E-bay name.
I think thats the one I purchased years ago, it was black with hex holes in it. I got both as well. You will not be dissapointed, good quality and very lite. You will have it on in not time. I have had no chaffing either, but check it after the first 500 miles or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts