StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of de-farkling my '11 Wee as I will be trading it in early spring for a Vee2. I took off the Givi top box, and am having trouble re-installing the black rubber carrier mat. Any tricks out there to get those five wide black nipples through the carrier holes? Already tried liquid soap with no luck.
Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I used silicone spray for lube and grabbed the rubber spears by putting needle nosed pliers through the holes from the bottom.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I lubed mine with silicone grease & pulled them through with pliers. But one of the studs tore while pulling on it, anyway. :furious:

The rubber will be more pliable if it's warm. As you're pulling it through, try pushing on the top part.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your input. As per your recommendations, I purchased silicone lube, used pliers, broke one, used pliers, pushed and pulled, and now all is well. It looks stock as I had wanted. Now just hope my new Vee2 arrives before spring. I will be selling and giving away farkles from my '11 Wee as soon as I know my Vee2 is on its' way or has arrived. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts