StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mods that need to be done prior to installing? I am trying but running into problems with the throttle cables and the brake lever rubbing.:headbang:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some differences

Thanks for the pics. I see some differences, not sure how much the affect things.

You have a 1000, and looks like you extended your throttle cables, and your brackets are different than mine. The shell is the same.

I will try to use the pics and see if that helps.

Thanks again!:thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Acerbis Multi Concept on my 650 with the acerbis brackets. I had to move a few things around a bit, but did not cut or alter anything. I can send pics if youd like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sent you a PM

You have pm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya guys,

I'm new here and so is my DL1000 experiance. The previous owner had protaper bars (seven/eights) fitted along with Acerbis Multyconcept hand guards. It looks like in case of a fall the Acerbis mounts mounts could rotate taking out the Clutch/Break lines. This can also bee seen on th epic above.

Is there any experiance on that or am I just imagining BS.

thanks & Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Is there any mods that need to be done prior to installing? I am trying but running into problems with the throttle cables and the brake lever rubbing.:headbang:/QUOTE]

You might have to rotate/move cables and controls a bit to make everything fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same problem here

I also have Acerbis Multiconcept, I mounted them about a year ago moving controls and forcing a little bit the mounting brackets. After a tipover aluminium bent a little and now it rubs more brake line. Can you post pics about your assembly solutions so that I can get an idea on how can I solve this?

Thanks

Gus-Strom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One More

They would only let me put five.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Switchfoot for the reply and sorry taking so long to answer.

I kind of solved the problem with a special made adapter, it makes the handguard a little bit forward. I´ll post some pics as soon as possible.

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts