StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so thought I would share how I attached a bigger 1620 Pelican case to my 2019 VStrom. It looks good, I was worried it might look obscenely big but it looks about how the bigger Givi outback looks. Cheaper, too, and most likely more durable. I chose the 1620 because I will be taking the case off a lot since it will be holding clothes and suitcase type items, and the 1620 had a telescoping handle which I managed to keep attached and functional by using longer 40mm bolts, vs the stock ~15mm bolts they provided with the Caribou mounts. I used loktite on everything and it feels very sturdy, I will update if there is any issues I run into. It won't be carrying anything heavy, just some clothes, and an extra pair of shoes, maybe some school supplies.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,017 Posts
WOW that is huge, hope being loaded up doesn't lighten your front end too much. I have the most excellent Caribou/Pelican 1550 35 liter top case and simply love it, have the matching side cases coming soon.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Man, you could put a body in that without cutting it up! 😁

·
Registered
22 Posts
Silveroranges, I did the same using a 1620 as a top box. I don’t max it out with heavy stuff, and the bike handles fine on the highway. I used a Back Roads Equipment plate and pucks to attach. But removed the telescope handle. You will never wish you had more space!

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
Wow, looking at the specs for the 1620, it weighs more than most top boxes recommend for capacity.
I think it's like 73 liters of interior room. Shouldn't have to leave anything at home with that capacity. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
slovcan said: Man, you could put a body in that without cutting it up! 😁

And you know this....how?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts