StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a couple of power outlets on my wee. One on the left side of the bike to plug in a heated vest and another on top somewhere to power a gps. What is the easiest and best way to do this? Is this where a fuse block would help? Or do youhave to bring each directly back to the battery?

Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A fuse block is nice because it can be relay switched so a number of accessories can be powered on when the ignition is turned on. If those two are all you want though, a better option might be to add a fused link to the battery for the vest. It can be kept under the seat and only passed out between the seat and the plastic trim under the tank when needed. The GPS can be wired to the stock handgrip heater connector behind the radiator using a 36852-06G00 part numbered horn lead to make the connection. A fuse block takes up room in the under seat tray and isn't necessary for just adding what you want but is the way to go if you add a number of items. http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php shows how to wire a fuse block. The brown wire in the sheath running to the rear lights is a good source for the ignition on relay actuator wire.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
As of Yesterday my power outlet was installed ( thanks to my nephew)But not completed and
is working Great..I removed the "helmet Lock" which doesn't work with my nolan helmet and positioned a peice of 3/8" Black Nylon citting board in that spot {I've used this cutting board on a lot of Mod's..:rolleyes: }.I drilled the the hole for the mounting screw & the hole for the Power port and ran the wires up in front of the Battery box ..

I'll try to get more detailed photo's this afternoon ( that one was taken by my nephews phone)
I still have to wrap the wires in armour sheath and weatherpruff the connections but that will have to wait till I can work with both hands
the unit is Non switched and is protected with a 20 amp blade fuse..and is grounded to the (-) negative battery terminal as you can not use the frame to ground anything on these bikes....

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I mounted one 12 volt outlet in the right cable guide on the front fork (right as you are sitting on the bike) I then ran a two wire plug to my fuse panel and proceeded to mount 2 more 12 volt sockets inside my Joe Rocket Manta Tank bag. Unplug when I get where I'm going and I have power for my MP3 player and amplifier

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Just completed a 2 12 volt outlet job on my wee with professional results. I took pics and made note of all wiring diagrams for those that wish to follow. I finally finished up 5 fuses, 2 are used for the 12 volt outlets, the other remain free for future upgrades. These last 3 are tied into the fuse panel with a water proof plug assembly that parrells the dash harness, and tucks in nice next to the existing dash plug in the weather boot. Figure then all my connections will be on the dash such as switches and the like. I am currently running my wolfman tank bag (Cell phone, mp-3 etc..) off a powerlet tank bag kit, which is plugged into one of the new outlets. The other 12 volt outlet remains free for a future GPS. All joints where soldered, fuse panel runs off a relay device,thats triggered off the liscense plate lamp, so I would not go dead if I inadvertently left something on after shut down. Also if something is amiss, I can still get home with out the lamp. Fuse supply has a 30 amp inline fuse for additional protection.
http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=110272616860

1 - 8 of 8 Posts