StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Murph's stand this evening. It went pretty smooth.
Bike stands on flat surface. I think the stand should be little bit more forward.
You can compare to the grease tube that stands in front of the bike.
Im afraid that strong wind would tip the bike from the center stand.
Is that normal?
I would like to know your opinion?
Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
91 Posts
I installed Murph's stand this evening. It went pretty smooth.
Bike stands on flat surface. I think the stand should be little bit more forward.
You can compare to the grease tube that stands in front of the bike.
Im afraid that strong wind would tip the bike from the center stand.
Is that normal?
I would like to know your opinion?
Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That looks about right - here's mine (and I've yet to have any issues, it takes a pretty good lift and push to free it from the stand):

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was also worried about the same thing. I asked my 10 yr. old daughter to push on the rear of the bike and she was just barely able to push it off of the center stand using all of her might. After that I stopped worrying about the wind, etc. I'm very pleased with the build quality of the stand.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I found the welds left a lot to be desired. They should be fine for their use but were ugly. The center stand works very well; gets the rear tire off the ground for chain maint and holds the bike upright for easier loading. Overall, I'm happy. As for being unstable I'm not overly concerned. Some knucklehead knocked the wee over last year when his Harley fell into it in a parking lot while on its side stand. A parked 2 wheeled vehicle is only gonna be so stable and you can only protect it so much. When I bump it while parked it doesn't budge. Don't worry...just ride!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
The only time my bike is on the center stand is in the garage, or on the road while lubing the chain. When parked in an outside lot or on the street, it goes on the side stand, it is more stable on the side stand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the opinions.
I guess i will have to get used to...and stop to worry:)
In overall im happy with the product and you cannot beat the price...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Murphs stand

I was wondering the same thing. I leave mine on the centerstand in the Garage, but at work I only use the side stand. I am also happy with the stand. I'm not an expert on welds, but the welds look pretty good to me.:thumbup:

Thanks for all the opinions.
I guess i will have to get used to...and stop to worry:)
In overall im happy with the product and you cannot beat the price...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts