StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing my H&B crash guards. Seems very well made and sturdy. Was a snap to install. My only concern with it is that the crossover bar mounts very, very close to the front cylinder. Like about 1/16 of a inch away. It looks like if the engine rocks any in it's mount it could touch. Anyone else notice this before? I plan on keeping a eye on it.:yesnod:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The engine can't rock. It isn't rubber mounted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
some folks are saying they notice an increase in vibration when fitting engine bars , have you noticed any ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some folks are saying they notice an increase in vibration when fitting engine bars , have you noticed any ?
I just rode 40 miles into work this morning and did not notice any vibrational difference at all. I did reach down and touch the crash bars and noticed that they DO vibrate a bit but I don't think this added any vibrations to everything I was touching during normal operation. Of course YMMV :mrgreen:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine should be arriving this week. In looking through some other posts, do you require any special tools to remove and remount the mounting bolts, or was a standard allen wrench sufficient?

PS: As I look at the pictures above, I am pondering as to if a tool tube can be mounted on them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine should be arriving this week.
So you're the guy that has the other set on order. I ordered mine today. They said they don't expect them to be in NV to late in the week and then hope to ship thurs or friday.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Actually, once I found out that Nevada was out of stock, I ordered mine directly from the importer in Virginia.

·
not very quiet
289 Posts
Actually, once I found out that Nevada was out of stock, I ordered mine directly from the importer in Virginia.
Who is the Virginia importer? (I'm in Virginia)

I like the close fit. I'm thinking about these instead of the factory set.

·
Registered
438 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts