StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed these lights last weekend when doing my 600 mile maintenance.
Due to rain this morning was the first time I got to use them in the dark.
They seemed to make a significant difference. On low beam they seem to "fill in" the lighted area well and provide a lot more contrast to the OEM low beam light. On high beam they fill in the normally low beam lighted area well. Fairly easy to install, I mounted them on the built in light tabs of the Hepco & Becker crash bars I have. No cars flashed their lights at me so either I have them adjusted low enough or they are just not bright enough to get that reaction.
Overall I am very pleased and they make a noticable difference when driving at night in addition to acting as marker lights during the daytime.
Paul

·
Registered
255 Posts
any pics of them installed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are the pics as requested.
Front and side view of the lights installed.

Low beam only

Low beam and D1 lights

High beam and D1 lights

Head on view of lights

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice job! Great lights, and good review. It's great to be seen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn, nice pics! I didn't think that the stock lighting (that is excellent) can be improved upon that much! They would also make great fog lights being that close to the ground! Nice job!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great pics. Definately gonna put these on my 'to-consider' list

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!
Hopefully this will help people thinking about this farkle.
I felt the results were well worth it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks guys!
Hopefully this will help people thinking about this farkle.
I felt the results were well worth it.
The way that you have them mounted is what makes the difference. Two weeks ago, I got caught in some incredible fog. I could have really used a set up like that then. I would say that this is an excellent mod!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Personally, it is a total waste of money! The 2012 wee has the best stock lighting I have ever had on a bike
Damn, nice pics! I didn't think that the stock lighting (that is excellent) can be improved upon that much! They would also make great fog lights being that close to the ground! Nice job!!
Ok so which is it abb1?? lol!

I do think the lighting can be improved upon as well :mrgreen:

And again on high beam! LOL!

Bright lights are all you have to be seen especially a night.

Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya gotta be very careful these lights aren't aimed too high....it only takes one car to be blinded and ruin the day for both of you................

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ya gotta be very careful these lights aren't aimed too high....it only takes one car to be blinded and ruin the day for both of you................
They are dialed in right where they are suppose to be.....perfect, just like the driving lights and moto lights presently installed on my BMW R1200 Adventure..... So what driving lights are you running?

I hear crickets...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
46 Posts
They are dialed in right where they are suppose to be.....perfect, just like the driving lights and moto lights presently installed on my BMW R1200 Adventure..... So what driving lights are you running?:mrgreen:
Still working on that! Looking at LED options. Panicing right now over no aftermarket centerstands available anywhere......

·
Registered
281 Posts
Still working on that! Looking at LED options. Panicing right now over no aftermarket centerstands available anywhere......
Not to hijack this post. But I would suggest you look at the Hepco and Becker c/s sold by Adventuremoto. I called Chad and ordered one and just installed this on my WEE. 25 minutes taking my time. Fit and finish perfect. HB even serial numbers their center stand.

For what its worth...good stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts