Strom Trooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

im planning on heading down to do the entire BRP from Cherokee to Front Royal on the weekend of August 4th. I'm taking about 5 days in total.

my initial plan is to ride from Toronto to Cherokee, sleep, and get an early AM start.

real question is, any advantage in doing south to north or north to south?

can anyone comment?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not that i know of. I rode it both ways last month. Just make sure you are paying attention to the road because you could be going straight then out of no where a hard (ish) corner with no guard rails will show up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
g-luck on doing it in 5 days. it takes me 5 days from columbus ohio - BRP loop and that not including the skyline drive part.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My wife and I ran the entire BRP a couple years ago. Since we live in GA, we ran it S to N and honestly the best part of the BRP is near the southern end so we were getting bored as we went North. IMOP, I'd run it N to S so the scenery gets better as you head south and if it happens to be the weekend, you might choose to skip Cherokee NC. That town can get pretty crazy crowded on a summer weekend day.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Hello,

im planning on heading down to do the entire BRP from Cherokee to Front Royal on the weekend of August 4th. I'm taking about 5 days in total.

my initial plan is to ride from Toronto to Cherokee, sleep, and get an early AM start.

real question is, any advantage in doing south to north or north to south?

can anyone comment?
Come back when you can stay a while.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went south to north this past june when i did it. BRP and then skyline drive. I had been on many sections in the past, but never the whole thing at once. Its a nice drive. Although there are still lots of better roads all around most of the areas it passes through.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Would like to hear about your trip!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts