StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty rare opportunity. I have the opportunity to have an aftermarket part fabricated and produced. This product could be made available to the entire V-Strom community. We are talking Laser cutters, robot welders, injection molding, powder coating, plastics....anything. I can't go into detail as to where these will be produced, but it is a major company that will allow it's employees to perform projects at cost....so, the low cost can be passed on.

I am posting here because I need to know what people need that is A) too expensive or B) not currently available. (no fiberglass lowers...sorry)

My first thought is a backrest to fit the grab bars.

What do you think?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some way to put a radio and speakers on it? thatd be nifty :p .
hard saddle bags for under $700 would also be nice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fairing lowers that shield the legs from the wind.
Elbow bracket to move the hose locations for a TB sync.
That three way seat back luggage rack thingy from the Buell.
Bar weights with taps for mirrors.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quick-Release Mount "pucks" (for lack of a better word) that could be used to adapt soft-luggage or Pelican type cases to Givi mounting racks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A removable rack extension that bolts on over the passenger’s seat or a replacement mega rack that allows several removable size options.
A trunk to go on aforementioned rack. It should be quite large starting at the passenger’s seat extending slightly past the tail light and include a drivers back rest option. (Ever seen a Japanese delivery bike trunk?)
A fork brace and replacement fender to accommodate it.
A center stand that can be removed via clip pins.
True side bags not the sails Givi makes or the ammo box look.
Universal mounting hardware that bolts to crash bars for lights.
2 or 3 universal accessories mounts that bolt to the handle bar mounts.
Adjustable pegs (dirt and street) and foot controls.

Just a few thoughts

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is one of the things I'm asking about....just sent the email.

I'm working on a design for a simple hinged rear luggage rack that will accomidate larger luggage and anchor a removable passenger backrest.

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmm

a way to keep the Exhaust heat shields on while using aftermarket Cans..

A FENDER ELIMANATOR!!!! the stock one is FUGLY!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I alwayls liked the looks and function of those aftermarket fairings you see on older Hondas, what were they called, "Windjamers" maybe?

Love to have an aftermarket replacement fairing and windshield to turn the VStrom into a more comfortable touring machine.....bolt the whole thing on & be done with it.....

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd love to have a kit that would allow relocation of the oil cooler to a less vulnerable spot, like in front of the radiator. Besides being prone to damage it looks just plain ugly stuck behind the head-pipe.

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts