·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

This is my review on INNOVV C2 camera.

Background
I have owned 2 complete C2 cameras.
1 - 90 degree lens, recording unit capacitor.
2 - 120 degree lens, recording unit on battery.

My use for the camera
Used as a permanently dash camera, never took the footage off the camera unless a crash happened (was lucky, never had to).
Wanted the front camera to record for some period of time after the bike was off.
The 120 lens was pointing towards the back of the bike. Mounted under the rear fairing. Recording unit was under the seat.
The 90 lens was pointing towards the front of the bike. Mounded under the headlight. Recording unit was under the seat.
The cameras had a switch on the dashboard to power them on.

PROS
  • From 2 units, managed to get 1 working and worked for few months until I sold the bike.
Problems
  • 120 degree lens broke within a week. Got another lens from the shop.
  • Second 120 degree lens broke within two weeks. It only recorded sound and the image was freezing after 1 minute of power on. After 2 more days, lens refused to work completely. L0000010
    - I had two recording units with one lens, the 90 one. Left it mounted on the front of the bike. Was actually afraid of moving or touching it as I was sure it will break.
  • One of the recording unit broke. The mini usb power inlet broke and dropped inside.
    - From 2 complete units, within 1 month I had only 1 working unit
  • Support - massive fail. Only on skype. Barely spoke eny English and for a simple problem, to show that is not working, took me around 2 hours. Second attempt after the second lens failed, failed completely. The shop refused to answer mails, Skype calls.
    - I have even sent the broken units back to the shop for debugging. Never heard from them again.
  • You have to be careful how you insert the mini SD card. You can lose it inside the unit and then struggle to get it out (happened to me 4 times).
  • Recording unit is very cheaply made. VERY !
  • The packages delivered had incomplete and inconsistent contents. One was missing bits and the other had some weird things in it.Only one was actually complete.
  • Recorder was doing a date/time reset whenever it felt like it.
  • If you put a text stamp that is longer than 8 characters (if I remember correctly) long, the time stamp will not work and will actually cut into the text.
  • Recorded video was poor, loosing frames and showed like it was drunk at times.
  • Poor battery life.
    - After the power to the unit went off, the batter hold the camera on for about 10 seconds. Never had the damn thing working to record whilst I was away from the bike.
  • Recording when moving feature failed completely. Unit was working when the bike was moved, recorded for few seconds then shut down for 1 minute. Woke up started again, etc.
My conclusion
Will not be purchasing any camera from them ever again. Would have been much better spending $200 somewhere else for a quality product.

Any questions ?

Photos

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck with an action cam. The attached .jpg is my Mobius Action Camera mounted using a windscreen sucker to the faring. I found the heated grips feed under the airbox and connected to that. It is completely self contained, designed originally for RC helicopters and there is downloadable software so that you can alter resolution, frame rate, start up trigger, recording format and a whole lot more variables through your PC. Full HD and up to 32 GB card. I set mine to start up with power on and to over record the oldest footage.
You could surely hook up a second unit rearwards to the same power source. It has fallen off probably 3 or 4 times and I just go back and pick it up. I should bolt it on but have not got around to it yet. Mounts to any standard 1/4 inch thread accessory. https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/packages/
I have uploaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0x4325uKW8

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to put something permanent on the bike without the risk of being stolen. Something that you can't really see without looking for that specifically.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
I want to put something permanent on the bike without the risk of being stolen. Something that you can't really see without looking for that specifically.
Then put it under your faring in front with a 1/4 bolt through the faring, and under your carrier with another 1/4 inch bolt. The PC software allows you to invert the image capture 180 degrees and I think there are some settings to run on a minute or two after power off, and a motion detect start as well.
They are very small and I would find it hard to imagine any camera that could be any more inconspicuous. You would need to space it down though or the top of your recording would be faring screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts