StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bent an inner fork tube, and I need a new one. Anyone know what my options are, I've seen some from the EU for $$$. Can I swap for another? Threading seems like more of a concern than length. Local (Honda) shop didn't recommend straightening . Thoughts, opinions, help? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Hi all,

I bent an inner fork tube, and I need a new one. Anyone know what my options are, I've seen some from the EU for $$$. Can I swap for another? Threading seems like more of a concern than length. Local (Honda) shop didn't recommend straightening . Thoughts, opinions, help? Thanks!
Not sure what you mean by "threading" in this context, you need a fork tube for your bike, it's not a mix 'n match part.

I'd just buy a new one from Suzuki.

One's on ebay are generally from a wrecked bike, they may be straight, they might not be. A lot of times the seller doesn't realize that the tubes are tweaked a little.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There are a few companies who make fork tubes to order. Can't recall any names off hand. I once saw a thread somewhere about a guy who bought his own wrecked Wee from the insurer and bought a custom tube set. He gave the price and I remember thinking it was quite reasonable, much less than OE. It was a few years ago. I am building a Wee from a wreck and I am using DR650 upper/inner tubes. But that is a whole 'nother can of worms that I cannot yet personally vouch for. Maybe in the next week or so. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
fork tubes

You can google search fork tubes and find two or 3 places that sell them, I am on my 5th motorcycle wreck and have straightened the tubes on all of them including the present 2012 Glee adventure, If they are not to bad you can straighten them in a press with v blocks and a dial indicator without taking them apart. This system has worked great every time for me and have traveled thousands of miles on these forks after repairing them, There is someone in Tennessee I found by google search that will straighten then and your triple tree if you can not do it yourself or no machine shop around you is willing to do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Forking by Frank has always been my go-to place for fork tubes. Been in business since 1966 and they've always been high quality, reasonably priced and just tiny bit prickly to deal with. They should be able to fix you up.

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
I bent a fork on a beemer once, Buchannans in So Cal straightened it out no sweat. It wasn't kinked though.
David Moore in Hesperia Ca is another possibility. 760 240-4590

1 - 6 of 6 Posts