StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a night at the local Barnes and Noble reading over all the current mags( European and State Side) and all seem to really love the 650 Strom. They all comment that it's not something that most riders will seak out, but a bike that most riders could would love if they gave it a chance. One mag summed it up as the sv650 that everone should own.

I was really suprised in this day of 130+rwhp superbikes, none of the writers complained about the output of the bike. It's good to see that all out horsepower isn't the only thing writers look at anymore.

A

·
0 Posts
hondasarge said:
I spent a night at the local Barnes and Noble reading over all the current mags( European and State Side) and all seem to really love the 650 Strom.
What was the suspension travel on the front and rear? This info seems to be omitted at the suzuki motocycle site.

B

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Suspension travel for the front is 520 mm and rear is 135 mm, that is less than the DL1000. In european magazines (I live in France), they say they lowered the suspension travel for the bike to be more accessible, hence, giving more stability in curves, but less comfort.

V

·
Registered
49 Posts
They've been sitting on the showroom floor here in Alberta (Canada) since the last week in December.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Canadian price DL 650?

Hey Tokenboy, What price were the DL 650s up there in Canada,in US dollars of course. I'm thinking that when they arrive here in Spokane they might be higher than the $6,595 that's been mentioned elsewhere. Kinda like when the first new VW Beetle's arrived.Prior to the first one hitting the showroom floor most literature quoted $12-14,000.00 but it turned out closer to $18-20,000.00. Dan :?:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bike

I like the UK sport bike magazine Bike.

Here's a blur from their review:

There was always a danger that the DL 650 would fall between so many categories nobody would be able to workout what it was for. Instead it straddles so many of them the problem instead is what it can't do. Okay modeling shots aren't its forte. These guys have no faith in it's off road ablility, Even Suzuki doesn't promote this value. Yes, its now dirt bike, but just look at pictures of the DL1000 going up to Alaska. Ha! . Try touring ,or ear'oling, or wheeling, or commuting, or simple motorcycling and its well up to the job. Comfort is execptional. the chassis is sporty enough to savour the twistiest Alpine passes.

Scooter

Scooter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts