StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take delivery on Saturday, the bike should have the OEM centerstand and Givi luggage installed. I'll probably try to pick up a throttle lock before I leave the dealership.

While I'll probably add a fork brace eventually, higher on my list are Madstad brackets and possibly, bar risers/set-backs. I have two questions for those further down this road than I am.

1. Are the Madstad brackets the *best* way to tackle the buffeting problem for someone my height (i.e., 5'8")? I plan, for the present, to keep the stock seat. Does the *best* solution also require the purchase of an aftermarket windscreen? (Funds are limited.)

2. Risers/set-backs... how much can I get away with, without having to worry about stretched wiring and/or hydraulic lines?

Thanks for the advice,
MRV

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. Buy a madstad, it seems to be a requirement no matter the windshield. At your height I would try it with the stock screen first before shelling out for an aftermarket screen.

2. 2" Rox risers or equivalent will be just fine

·
Registered
926 Posts
1. I found the madstad made the stock windscreen bareable. Without the Madstad I would not be able to enjoy my bike at all. The best solution I have found is to just remove the windscreen entirely but I doubt you would want to do that to a nice new bike. I have tried a very large aftermarket windscreen but that was even worse than stock. I will eventually cut that windscreen down as short as possible so my bike no longer looks weird with no windscreen at all.

2. I have 1" up 1.25" back risers. I had to re-route the wiring to accomodate the risers (no big deal) and the hydraulic lines were fine were they were. I wouldn't want to go any more extreme without extending both the wiring and hoses though.

With your height, have you considered changing your seat? They are pretty tall even for someone who is 6'1" like myself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Before depleting all your farkle funds, I'd wait and see how the stock seat works for you.

It's fine for some, but for others, well....:yikes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(snip)
With your height, have you considered changing your seat? They are pretty tall even for someone who is 6'1" like myself.
It is tall -- manageable, but not ideal. I don't want to compromise the comfort of the standard seat, though. (I've only spent a few minutes on the bike, during the test ride, but it feels pretty comfy.) If there's a way to get a little lower relative to the bike (don't want to lower the bike, itself) without compromising comfort, I may want to look into that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts