StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a bargain seat cushion at Menard’s here in Springfield, IL that does a surprisingly good job of dealing with the ‘hot spots’. Its called Lava Buns($25). I mounted it with something called a wader belt($5) I found in the sporting goods section.

Lava Buns -cropped.jpg

Seat Underside2-cropped.JPG

Lava Buns Mounted-cropped.JPG

Don’t think this is just a foam cushion in a red bag. It’s some kind of combination of liquid and foam that is surprisingly comfortable. It’s called Lava Buns because the manufacturer says you can take the element out of the red container and place it in the microwave for 3 min and it will stay warm for 5 hours. They also claim you can put it in the refrigerator if you want to go the cool route.

It does get scrunched up after a while, and you have lay something flat on top of it for awhile to get the scrunches out, the element having kind of a memory.

I know it’s not an expensive seat or sheepskin, but for $30 plus tax, I’ve found it does surprisingly well. I scotch guarded the red silk outer container to help protect it from stains. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
My eyes must be failing me. It almost looks like a whoopie cushion. I found some here http://www.supercoolstuff.com/items/pract/pj874.htm for $4.00 a dozen.

As a bonus the ones I found add something to the sound of the v-strom. The only drawback is that you have to stop to blow them up every couple of minutes. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
K6OST said:
As a bonus the ones I found add something to the sound of the v-strom. The only drawback is that you have to stop to blow them up every couple of minutes. :mrgreen:
LMAO! Milk all over my keyboard.(note to self:don't read this kind of stuff during lunch)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great idea for low cost more comfortable seat. I found some in the UK. I am thinking of trying them. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts