StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know riders with nice dash mounts and fuse boxes my scoff at this, but I don’t think it hurts to post this low-cost alternative for people who aren’t ready to drill-n-wire to set up an electrical system on their bike yet.

Battery to cigarette lighter extension cord - Five thirty-nine-cropped.JPG

It’s called a battery to cigarette lighter extension cord and it costs $5.49 at the local Harbor Freight outlet here in downstate Illinois. You could probably get one at your local Radio Shak, also. No wiring necessary, of course.

Tire Patch kit- up close-cropped.JPG

I actually use it as part of cheap tire plug kit I made to run the $10 tire inflator I purchased at Wal-Mart. Gets the job done. The tire patch kit cost $3.99 at Harbor Freight and included most of the materials shown here except the small needle nose pliars to pull the debris out of the tire and a small valve core remove cap which is difficult to see here.

You may wish to note that some riders like to take those inexpensive tire inflators sold at Wal-Mart(such at the Campbell-Hausfeld RP1200) and remove the outer case to save on storage space, but I prefer to leave the case on and carry it topside to cover the possibility of it being dropped. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Great inexpensive solution to what could be a huge problem. I went with a bell plug kit and slime inflation pump. They fit under my seat and make me feel very self sufficient. I've been wondering about the 12 volt plug in for my cell phone and have a harbor freight store around the corner. Gonna grab one of those next time i'm there. Good idea. J.R.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts