StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested, the Princess Auto Flyer showed up in the mail the other day and has an 1100 lb motorcycle lift in it for 48.88, regularly 79.99

I can't get the page to link directly. Pull up this page and type in motorcycle lift into product search. Here is the link http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm?CTRY=CAN&output=OSN&Factor=2

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
I have heard of Bike lifts having problems raising a Strom because of the Exhaust pipe underneath.

I would love to have a lift.. do you know if it can work with the Strom?

..Tom

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Tom I don't know anything about it other than what the catalogue says. You might be able to fab up some sort of jig clamps to fit the V-Strom

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I bought an inexpensive motorcycle lift from Pep Boys. It had two flat rails as the lifting surface and I couldn't figure out any way to use it with the strom without a lot of engineering. Did I miss a shortcut?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bike lift

HarborFrieght - $429.00, 1000lb, air, hydraulic (foot pedal). 85" long, 26" wide. Front wheel vice, removable rear plate for rear wheel service. I call that a smokin' deal. Frieght and import duties to Canada might be a bit steep, though but perhaps still worth it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You can block it off and use it fine on Vee, or use a hole that runs thru the lower front engine block on the Wee's.

Do a search on "Bike Lift Blocking" both here and the VSRI site. I use my Big Red Larin lift on the DL all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Well Canadian Tire here has the the lift on backorder. Damn. I knew I should have picked one up on one of the 1/2 dozen times they were on sale in the last year. Now that I wan to change tires...
I ended up using my Shermworks stand for the back wheel for now.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Get a Rain Check and it'll be good at any time

Well Canadian Tire here has the the lift on backorder. Damn. I knew I should have picked one up on one of the 1/2 dozen times they were on sale in the last year. Now that I wan to change tires...
I ended up using my Shermworks stand for the back wheel for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts