StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just swapped engines in my 2008 Vee and now it seems like it is not nearly as smooth as before. I was wondering if someone in the area with experience with the Vee would be willing to give it a spin and let me know if I'm just crazy or if I need to keep trying to track down where this vibration is coming from.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not in the area but will do my vest to help over the interwebs.

DOes the vibration change with engine speed? Doe sit do it at idle or at speed? Does the bike have crash bars? Idle set?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it is directly related to engine speed; doesn't matter the gear or speed. The faster the engine is turning the more intense the vibration, gets intense enough to vibrate the mirrors at 5k and gets worse even worse from there. I did adjust the valves on the new engine, synced the secondaries and the primaries, and re-torqued all the engine mount bolts. I removed the crash bars and the skid plate with not much improvement. So, I'm a little stumped and wonder if maybe I was very fortunate with the engine I had before and this is just the way it's supposed to be? That was the reason for seeing if anyone in the area was willing to give it a spin and give me their opinion on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts