StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I need some help with the indicators on my lovely yellow 1000. She has so far been a trusty steed and has covered 10,000 miles in under six months without issue.

However, yesterday the LHS indicators packed up. No flashing. No dashboard light. Nothing. Got home and checked the bulbs and they both looked fine. I swapped them over with the RHS and the result was the same. Dead on the LHS. On the way into work this morning I rode with the LHS switched on for a few miles to see if it was a loose connection and whether theyd come back on however briefly, But again nothing.

I genuinely am the worlds most useless electrician, so Im after some advice.

If the problem was one of the indicator units, would that prevent both on that side functionining?
Is it likely to be a fuse (i.e. are the different sides fused seperately)?
What should I try next?

Any advice would be appreciated. Hand signals are not only quite scary, they are also deeply uncool...

Ta,

Phil.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Both sides run off the same fuse and same flasher. The switch itself is a likely suspect. Another possibility is the connector at the end of the wiring harness coming from the switch housing. It will be behind the radiator shroud. The hot wire for the left side signals is solid black.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts