StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Dropped my bike there last week on rhs, ordered replacement bolt for bar end and replacement rhs indicator (lucky I didn't do more damage).

Bought genuine parts online and recieved indicator with clear lens, mine being the old fashioned amber. I was on ebay trying to source clear lens for lhs to take mis-match look of the bike however, can't seem to find one.

What I can find is replacement lens for DL650 from '04 on. And thus my question, are indicator lens's interchangeable between the v-strom and the wee-strom.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The clear lenses require amber bulbs so you would need to replace all the lenses and all the bulbs. Cheaper to source aftermarket replacement indicators that are more flexible and will survive the next drop. Lots of threads on here about replacement indicators - use Google search.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There is another level to this. The clear lens indicators use a BAU15s bulb base to require amber 7507 series bulbs instead of a BA15s base for 1156 bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Too bad it costs a fortune to ship stuff out of the DomRep, a fraction of shipping stuff into here.

We've replaced a dozen turn indicators with Buells. For some reason I keep the good parts. I have a massive collection of lenses and bulbs that I'll likely never use.

I'd give them away.

·
Registered
273 Posts
+1 for switching all the turn signals on the V-Strom to Buells. I did this within two weeks of buying my Wee, after leaning it a little too enthusiastically against the garage wall. Cost me $80 and you can probably find Buell signals even cheaper these days. Very flexible stems, and the lens will take quite a bit of abuse before breaking. Lens have a smoky clear look and take amber bulbs. I posted an install note somewhere on the site.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greywolf, So just a regular 1156 amber bulb from auto store is correct for an 08 wee to use with clear lenses?
Thanks
David

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Greywolf, So just a regular 1156 amber bulb from auto store is correct for an 08 wee to use with clear lenses?
Thanks
David
If you changed from amber lenses to clear, 1156A is the bulb to use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you sir, What I did was change the lenses and wasn't sure if 1156a would be the correct wattage etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts