StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On REGULAR 87 octane!

Went looking for a black Adventure Saturday. Did not want an orange standard. BUT, the best deal I could find was $1700 more than what I paid for the standard. I'll paint the ugly thing when I get some time. Meanwhile I have farkles on the way to build my own Adventure package. Didn't like the luggage much and I am sure the windscreen wouldn't have satisfied me on the Factory Adventure package anyway.

Right now the fuel mileage readout is 54.1 mpg! That is 22 mpg more than my last fill up in the '03 Vee.

There are some nice improvements on the WeeII, the dash/gauge package is really good!

The '04 Wee, '03 Vee, '12 WeeII

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just got 45-48 on my V. 205 miles with 2 bars left. Not sure why some have poor gas mileage unless they are mapped wrong.

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
22 mpg better than the Vee, how about the Wee? I get 50-52 regularly on my 04 Wee.
We all know the 1000's are gas hogs.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
3 V-Stroms? Really? Have you been cloned? I have a hard time finding enough time to ride one let alone 3.

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got 45-48 on my V. 205 miles with 2 bars left. Not sure why some have poor gas mileage unless they are mapped wrong.
I have been working with maps for months. I have run maps that other swear they get 43 mpg with. Not saying I couldn't get the mileage up more on it, I was building my own maps and I did help some. Frankly I am tired of fooling with it and I wanted ABS and something a bit lighter to carry around on the RV. I'll be selling the 1000 soon.

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 V-Stroms? Really? Have you been cloned? I have a hard time finding enough time to ride one let alone 3.
The black '04 650 has become my sons bike it seems. The 2012 is intended to replace the '03 Vee. BUT, no worries, I ride the Beemer more than the two V Stroms combined. I hope the 2012 WeeII will change that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The mpg meter seems to be a bit off on the Wee2. Mine says 55-57mpg but if I calculate the old school way... Milage/gas put in tank im getting 62-65mpg. Either way cant complain. If you can maintain about 4500rpm-5000 at about 70mph I can get the mpg meter to stay at or at least 60 mpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the 2012 WeeII I am abiding the break in procedure listed in the owners manual. 5000 rpm for the first 500 miles. 5000 rpm is eactly 70mph in 6th gear.

I'll go over 200 miles on this tank on the way home today. I'll likely fill it up to see if the readout on the guage pack is accurate...or not.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I never abide by the book. I always take it through the rev range. Just no hard or sudden accelerations and no bouncing it off the rev limiter. Your gas milage will get better after break in. ya I dont go too far past 200mi between fillups that gas guage is goofy how it reads...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The 2012 has exactly the same gearing as earlier models. In 6th, 5000rpm is about 69mph indicated and about 62 actual.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Actual according to what? GPS?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A GPS is one way to get an actual reading. I have a corrected speedo face too.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How did you correct it? The 12s are digital...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts