StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been having some really gusty winds the last several days. Some up to 60 mph gusts. What can I say, it's Colorado, you gotta expect some difficult weather. But last year I put on a Richland ricks fork brace. Noticed a nice more planted feel right away. But I gotta say, in the gusty cross winds the last several days, WHAT A DIFF! Totally manageable, planted in the wind. :thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have been having some really gusty winds the last several days. Some up to 60 mph gusts. What can I say, it's Colorado, you gotta expect some difficult weather. But last year I put on a Richland ricks fork brace. Noticed a nice more planted feel right away. But I gotta say, in the gusty cross winds the last several days, WHAT A DIFF! Totally manageable, planted in the wind. :thumbup:
I put a superbrace on last week and was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I planned a reproducible test for mine (I have the Murph's). A hard right turn into my parking garage takes me over a 1.5" rise in the concrete. Without the brace, it wallows a lot making that turn; with brace, greatly reduced wallow. So yeah, it does make a difference.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
With these kinda posts and my own experience, makes me wonder about those that say the brace made no difference.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Makes me wonder about them too. The brace made a big difference on my machine. Though one of the members pointed out he thought a rabbits foot would have the same effect.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I am thinking that combined with emulators will be my next front end upgrade.
It made a world of difference on my bike. I can't wait to get my Elka installed

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Hard to photograph--it's black and fits in so well. Anyway, it is well made and works well. Recommended, as are all of Rick's stuff.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I put the Superbrace, Racetech .9 springs and Racetech emulators in, along with 15wt oil. Wow, I am attacking corners a lot faster now (no more chicken strips).

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've got this same combo, along with Elka 3-way......SWEET!! :thumbup:[/QUOTE

The Elka is next. Have to wait a bit to replenish the funds (just upgraded the front, bought a new Hennessy hammock, and then some more gear to compliment it, etc). But I do plan on getting the Elka through Blair.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I put the Superbrace, Racetech .9 springs and Racetech emulators in, along with 15wt oil. Wow, I am attacking corners a lot faster now (no more chicken strips).
I have a similar setup on the way.

Racetech emulators
Sonic 1.0 springs
Richland Rick brace
Elka 3 way shock

Its all ordered, just waiting patiently. I hope it transforms the stock suspension.:beatnik:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts