StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good product that will give me volume control only? I have a set of good Sony Ear buds, and an IPOD. The problem is I cant ajust the volume while im on the road, and when I pull over I have to take my gloves off to change the volume level. PITA! I would like some sort of dial that I could mount somewhere... I hope this makes a bit of sense.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Anybody know of a good product that will give me volume control only? I have a set of good Sony Ear buds, and an IPOD. The problem is I cant ajust the volume while im on the road, and when I pull over I have to take my gloves off to change the volume level. PITA! I would like some sort of dial that I could mount somewhere... I hope this makes a bit of sense.
Ratshack sells an inline one. Catalog #: 42-2559

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here is what I do:

I installed speakers in my helmet http://helmetaudio.com/
then I ran a wire through the inside of my jacket to the inside of the pocket where I keep the ipod.
The wiring disconnects at the bottom of my helmet so it is really easy to take your helmet off and not have to worry about the wires.
For my ipod, I have a wireless remote control which I mounted to the handelbars. I can change the volume, pause it, change tracks...

its a pretty nice setup.

Let me know if you have more questions.

P.S. I see on helmetaudio.com, they now have helmet speakers with built-in volume control if you want to go that route...

·
Registered
18 Posts
same problem...

i just started trying to ride with an ipod and I have the exact same problem. good to see some responses...
hey liljoec, what kind of wireless remote control do you have? are the quality of those helmet speakers good? I turned my ipod up all the way, and I could hear it over the wind noise, but the sound quality was compromised (too much for little ipod headphones). and then it's way too loud when you stop...

·
Registered
597 Posts
i just started trying to ride with an ipod and I have the exact same problem. good to see some responses...
hey liljoec, what kind of wireless remote control do you have? are the quality of those helmet speakers good? I turned my ipod up all the way, and I could hear it over the wind noise, but the sound quality was compromised (too much for little ipod headphones). and then it's way too loud when you stop...
Yeah, the quality is pretty good. they don't sound blown out but they dont get really loud.. You can definitely hear the tunes well enough though, even at speed.

The remote is a Griffin product. It works really well. I won't use the ipod on my bike without it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts