StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got and installed my kit on monday and everything is great except for what i believe is one missing bracket. Going by the horrible pics they inlcude, plus noticing the way things line up, i think i have everything just the way I'm supposed to. Each fairing has 3 holes. The fairing on the left side of the bike when sitting on it right now is only attached by two. The hole that is in the center top of the fairing is where i think i'm missing a bracket. And it looks like that would probably be the longest bracket of them all judging by how deep into the bike the closest bolt is. And the only left over pieces is one screw and one plastic grommet, which again leads me to believe i'm missing one bracket.
So i called Eurobikes and spoke to Manny. Nice guys, and he's trying to figure this out so he pulls out a bag of hardware and counts 6 brackets. Well I only have 5 so I was right... i'm missing one. So we figure out which one it is and he says he'll mail it right out. Cool! But then i get a message from him later saying he just realized that bag of parts was from a set of SV fairings, not DL. He found a parts bag for the DL and only counts 5 brackets. Well crap, lemme look at the pics again. So i checked out the pics that came with the fairings and I can see 6 brackets in the pics. And the bike in the pics has a post-it note that says DL650. So why do the instructions call for 6 brackets and I only have 5? So now Manny is trying to figure out what's going on.
So how many brackets did you guys get with yours??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Valhalla
I believe the company that makes the lowers is located in France. Do a search and more threads on this should show up.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
ahhhhhh

thanks for the correction/update

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts