StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photobucket needs emptying and this seems like a decent alternative. Anyone know of a downside?

Image deleted from post because of what i discovered a few posts further down.

·
Super Moderator
4,513 Posts
I opened an Imgur account after the Photobucket issue. Very simple and very effective. You can even easily set up preferences for how you wish your pics to be saved and displayed.
I am also now using my Stromtrooper Gallery for pics used in posts. Also very simple once explained. No more disappearing photo's.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
I've been using Imgur with no problems. Going to the cloud soon though.

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty 'Snaky' Ducati!
This Duc likes reptilian trails:

Snake Road

Dragon Road (depicted in this post)

and Devil Roads too

Videos are randomly chosen from Youtube offerings and are devoid of my personal participation but... I have laid waste to thousands of dollars worth of Dunlops, Michelins, Pirellis and Bridgestones and sacrificed thousands of hours doing it over lots of decades on the surface of these roads.

Good times

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
There are some hacks out there to make Photobucket work now. At least you can download your pictures if you don't have copies. The one I saw was a Google Chrome plug-in.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Isn't Imgur "the cloud"?
Imgur seems to be archiving uploaded pics somewhere; the cloud? I deleted the pic above from Imgur and it is still embeded in the post 15 minutes later.
Hmmmm. It has to still exist somewhere.

There are some hacks out there to make Photobucket work now. At least you can download your pictures if you don't have copies. The one I saw was a Google Chrome plug-in.
Photobucket has a download album button on their site. I'll attempt this when I hook up my external hard drive. Are folks having issues retrieving files?

EDIT: I just copied the imgur address from the elements of the still-embeded-yet-deleted photo above. Pasting it (the deleted imgur address) into an address bar produces a verbatim reproduction. weird for sure but don't you think a little spooky too?

·
Registered
399 Posts
The pictures never go away? Wonder where they are? Just deleted from your account, but still in their servers for all to see? I wonder if you make your account private if then it will disappear?

Not sure I'm a fan of that. Guess I'll be careful what I post...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
repeated experiment with the same result. Cant delete image?

I did not signup for an account and that may well be causing the glitch. I merely uploaded the images anonymously. Anyone know?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The pictures never go away? Wonder where they are? Just deleted from your account, but still in their servers for all to see? I wonder if you make your account private if then it will disappear?

Not sure I'm a fan of that. Guess I'll be careful what I post...
I'm going to signup and give it another go;

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I uploaded the cat ass trophy image and posted it here. Went back to imagur site, clicked delete and got this popup

Looks like its no longer your property after uploaded.

My account settings are "private"

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Isn't Imgur "the cloud"?
Yeah, I meant different cloud storage... prolly Backblaze for now. Just ordered 4 GoPro Hero5 Black and gonna get into Vlogging on the bike after I retire next month so wanted something different. We'll see...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts