StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a IMC brand speaker kit that has the 6 mm speakers that you put in your helmet with the connector that goes into your MP3 player?

They are $34.99 ay Whitehorse and wondered the quality of the product.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone have a IMC brand speaker kit that has the 6 mm speakers that you put in your helmet with the connector that goes into your MP3 player?

They are $34.99 ay Whitehorse and wondered the quality of the product.
I can't speak of this particular model, but I bought helmet speakers - looked similar-
from Aerostich, about 50-50 bucks. Much more convenient for around town, doing errands, on and off the bike. No putting in and taking out ear-buds.

Here's the deal. At 0-50 or so they are ok. Not too much bass, but enough volume that you can hear songs. Over 50 or on a noisey highway, not too good. Is your helmet noisey?
Does your MP3 put out much volume? Probably ok for in-the-ear buds, but not enough for helmet speakers.
I've used a earphone amp from Radio Snack with good results. More volume, same sub-par sound quality.
Now I'm trying the Amplirider. I'll let you know how that works.

Rick
'Breaks are good and the tires are fair'

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't speak of this particular model, but I bought helmet speakers - looked similar-
from Aerostich, about 50-50 bucks. Much more convenient for around town, doing errands, on and off the bike. No putting in and taking out ear-buds.

Here's the deal. At 0-50 or so they are ok. Not too much bass, but enough volume that you can hear songs. Over 50 or on a noisey highway, not too good. Is your helmet noisey?
Does your MP3 put out much volume? Probably ok for in-the-ear buds, but not enough for helmet speakers.
I've used a earphone amp from Radio Snack with good results. More volume, same sub-par sound quality.
Now I'm trying the Amplirider. I'll let you know how that works.

Rick
'Breaks are good and the tires are fair'
I have a AGV Miglia modular helmet and it is pretty quiet. I use ear buds now but they keep falling out and such and are a pain. I like the idea of a velcro speaker that has decent output.

I guess it is hit and miss for the most part til you get what works for you.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just bought a set of Sony headphones and tore them apart to fit in the helmet. They were installed about 4 years ago in my Noland and are still working strong. They were about $35 but the quality is much better than any motorcycle specific speakers I have heard.

One thing to consider is if you are not using ear buds then you will want some kind of an amp. (like the boosteroo) to make them loud enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts