StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my bike off at the shop this afternoon. As I was backing it into a spot on the street a guy is just parking his pickup truck and comes over.

He says "That is my dream bike", I just smile, then he does another look and says "Oh.. I thought it was a BMW".. <plonk>

·
Registered
122 Posts
Should have told him that it WAS a BMW that decided to come over to the dark side :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Had a similiar occurrence pulling out of the dealer, he yelled Shoulda got a BMW, if I'd had the time I would have told him all about the maintenance and negatives I experienced with the them. haha he will find out!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Had a similiar occurrence pulling out of the dealer, he yelled Shoulda got a BMW, if I'd had the time I would have told him all about the maintenance and negatives I experienced with the them. haha he will find out!
The Australian response would be "but I,ve got a d-ck!" rofl

or "I haven't got a pu$$y!"

·
Registered
650 Posts
Now you should just put some BMW stickers on it and really have some fun.
Ha Ha ! aside from denegrating the Suzuki brand- it would be hilarious if a would be purchaser approached a BMW dealer enquiring about anew DL1000 or V Strom!!:laugh2: :grin2:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ha Ha ! aside from denegrating the Suzuki brand- it would be hilarious if a would be purchaser approached a BMW dealer enquiring about anew DL1000 or V Strom!!:laugh2: :grin2:
That would not work for me. Our BMW dealer is also our Suzuki dealer.

Brian

·
Registered
135 Posts
how can you make a mistake like that on your dreambike
fricken bmw wannabees
let them have their bmws

·
Registered
650 Posts
That would not work for me. Our BMW dealer is also our Suzuki dealer.

Brian
!!! yikes!!! He must be very professional to sleep at night selling those two brands side by side..
He has the best of both worlds :)
The bike choice ruled by the head, and the other ruled by the heart!

To be honest,I would feel a bit "poor" riding out on a 650 'Strom as oppopsed to a GS1200...however, once out of sight I wouldnt be afraid to get it dirty and the money I saved would keep me in Klim and Formas' for a lifetime - let alone buy 2 Vstroms! ;)
AND we (Vstrom riders) have the BEST forum ;)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I dropped my bike off at the shop this afternoon. As I was backing it into a spot on the street a guy is just parking his pickup truck and comes over.

He says "That is my dream bike", I just smile, then he does another look and says "Oh.. I thought it was a BMW".. <plonk>
You could have said, "I used to ride BMW, but I'm all better now."

(I'm only witty after the fact.)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The S10 gets mistaken for a BMW even more than my V-Strom did. The result is this new decal design for my top case. I can't claim credit for the saying; that came from a member at the Super Tenere forum. I like BMW's, but I thought that was pretty funny.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love it when my Wee is mistaken for a BMW, I just say that I saved thousands not buying one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I love it when my Wee is mistaken for a BMW, I just say that I saved thousands not buying one.
I had a kid working in Subway look at my black and silver DL650 in the parking lot and say, "Cool Ninja!"

·
Registered
650 Posts
The S10 gets mistaken for a BMW even more than my V-Strom did. The result is this new decal design for my top case. I can't claim credit for the saying; that came from a member at the Super Tenere forum. I like BMW's, but I thought that was pretty funny.
"All The GS Without The BS"
I LOVE that saying!! WELL done S10 forum :)

I,m gonna adopt that saying when referencing our Veekstrom :)

Thanks!

Reactions: pvwheeler

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I had to stop at the local HArley dealer a few years ago on my Vee with Carbon 2 bros exhaust. One of the pirates sitting outside asked me " iz dat der dat new Doo-Cat-EEEE?"

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
I did a RawHyde riding camp intro last Sunday. One of the bikes was a KLR 650 painted matte grey and had Rondels that had the blue and white circle and KLR where BMW used to be.
He had everyone guessing.
I loved it!
RC, where'd you get those?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I did a RawHyde riding camp intro last Sunday. One of the bikes was a KLR 650 painted matte grey and had Rondels that had the blue and white circle and KLR where BMW used to be.
He had everyone guessing.
I loved it!
RC, where'd you get those?
I made them, using free software called Inkscape. I did a posting sometime back about how to make your own decals using Inkscape and an inkjet printer. This is what they look like on a helmet. They aren't pro quality by any means, but the upside is you can make a decal of anything you want.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts