StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Wee Strom several days ago!
2005 with 7K miles, one owner (old mechanical engineer who maintained it obsessively), and couldn't be happier with it. Spent a good 7 or 8 hours on Colorado roads with it yesterday. I can't stop peeking out the window to stare at it. The stroms may not be photogenic, but there's something very impressive about them in person. The problem is, I just started a new job and am already itching to take off on a months long adventure...
Anyway, here she is:

Just wanted to introduce my new blue stallion. Never been this excited about a motorcycle.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I've had mine over four years and I still prefer to eat at places with big windows to the parking area so I can admire it as I eat. Yours looks like it has a DL1000 seat too. Even your exhaust pipe has been cleaned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had mine over four years and I still prefer to eat at places with big windows to the parking area so I can admire it as I eat. Yours looks like it has a DL1000 seat too. Even your exhaust pipe has been cleaned.
Funny you say that, because I just asked to be sat by the window during lunch so I could keep stealing glances. My girlfriend is getting pretty jealous. As she should.

·
Registered
152 Posts
TwoWheel,
Your wheels do look awesome. I need to wash mine up to start the season off right. Mine is the silver blue color, I like your darker blue color. I will say, though, that I pulled off the shiny muffler cover and spray painted it eggshell black, it just didn't seem to fit in, the plastic cover just below it is black, not sure why the color change on the bigger section.

I just got a new camera for Xmas, will have to take some nice pics and post them, but they won't beat yours, yours literally looks new.

Mine is an '06 which has ~4500mi on it when I bought it last spring, so last year I doubled the mileage on it to ~9400mi.

Anyway, your wheels look sharp, take care of it and yourself, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TwoWheel,
Your wheels do look awesome. I need to wash mine up to start the season off right. Mine is the silver blue color, I like your darker blue color. I will say, though, that I pulled off the shiny muffler cover and spray painted it eggshell black, it just didn't seem to fit in, the plastic cover just below it is black, not sure why the color change on the bigger section.

I just got a new camera for Xmas, will have to take some nice pics and post them, but they won't beat yours, yours literally looks new.

Mine is an '06 which has ~4500mi on it when I bought it last spring, so last year I doubled the mileage on it to ~9400mi.

Anyway, your wheels look sharp, take care of it and yourself, keep the rubber side down.
Let's see Layla... I'm interested in how your exhaust modification looks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
TwoWheel,
I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got mine 3 weeks ago '09 silver wee, I've only ridden it 150 miles or so but I LOVE IT!!

Try to figure out some side cases now!!

Have fun

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, nice looking bike. :thumbup: And not a farkle to be seen on it. Now comes the fun part make it yours, and then go get it real dirty. They look better dirty.

Enjoy your new friend.

·
38,103 Posts
There's the Fenda Extenda, handguards and windscreen along with the DL1000 seat. Based on the screen separation from the cowling, it may have a Madstad bracket. The warning stickers are gone too. Those are all good things. It's one of the cleanest blue '05s I've seen since mine threw me off when it was five months old.

·
Registered
152 Posts
TwoWheels,

Here is an old picture of the bike after I painted the muffler guard eggshell black...I started out with Flat Black, but it did not match. I am not very handy with stuff like this, so you know that this is an easy job. Just don't try to put too much paint on at any one time, and don't stop moving the paint can while you're over the item, nice smooth strokes. I actually pulled off the smaller plastic guard and hit that with some paint as well to be sure they would match.

·
Registered
486 Posts
the black looks sharp. I just got myself a 2004 wee and I look at every chance I get and ride it every chance I get if only for a 15 min run around the block. I love my wee

·
Registered
87 Posts
There's the Fenda Extenda, handguards and windscreen along with the DL1000 seat. Based on the screen separation from the cowling, it may have a Madstad bracket. The warning stickers are gone too. Those are all good things. It's one of the cleanest blue '05s I've seen since mine threw me off when it was five months old.
Greywolf, how can you tell the seat is from a DL1000? My Strom eye is in its early developmental stages and not quite as trained as yours.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Funny you say that, because I just asked to be sat by the window during lunch so I could keep stealing glances. My girlfriend is getting pretty jealous. As she should.
Thanks for sharing, I thought I was the only one parking my Strom where I could admire it once in a while.

Congrats on the bike, that blue was my first choice although I ended up with black.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was going to say what Greywolf said, plus it looks like your rear tire is 1.6 psi too low...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sweet Looking bike...I was just admiring the picture and thinking of all the Farkling possibilities you have to explore...enjoy

·
38,103 Posts
Greywolf, how can you tell the seat is from a DL1000? My Strom eye is in its early developmental stages and not quite as trained as yours.
I have a DL1000 seat as my local trip seat on my 650. I'm very familiar with the two. The 650 seat is very dished and flatter side to side . The 1000 seat has a less dished with a more raised center. Here's a stock 650, a stock 1000 and my bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, I can see the difference. Thanks, GW.

I will soon be the proud owner of a 2006 DL1000 seat. Now if I can only find a nice used Wee to mate it up to. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the black does look good, nice work on that. I've ordered some Nelson-Rigg Classic CL-850 bags (can't afford hard ones yet) and was wondering - do I need some sort of bracket on the left rear side of the bike to support this setup? Seems like I read conflicting things...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts