StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a Vstrom for sometime now. Im stuck between the 650 and 1000. I plan to ride some fire trails in my area. I think the 650 will be enough but how can't overlook the 1000. Looking at 2005 years.

Any suggestions? Any weird problems I should be looking out for?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The 650 has a reputation for being ridiculously reliable, more so than the 1000. Neither one has any catastrophic faults I'm aware of.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thanks for the info! Still looking. Ive got to convince my wife that I NEED a 3rd bike.
Good luck there. Took me years to convince mine that I NEEDED one bike! :green_lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't go wrong

Both bikes are really good. The 650 is obviously a little smaller and will be better around town and on the trails but the 1000 makes very broad, usable power and will be much better for 2-up riding on the highways. The 1000 might require a few more mods than the 650 to get really happy with it, but that's the way I went and I'm happy with it. Actually, I love these bikes! Ugly as sin.......but I'm not looking at it while I'm riding it!
JimBob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both bikes are really good. The 650 is obviously a little smaller and will be better around town and on the trails but the 1000 makes very broad, usable power and will be much better for 2-up riding on the highways. The 1000 might require a few more mods than the 650 to get really happy with it, but that's the way I went and I'm happy with it. Actually, I love these bikes! Ugly as sin.......but I'm not looking at it while I'm riding it!
JimBob
Probably wont be riding two up. This will be more of a get out of town on my own bike.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Probably wont be riding two up. This will be more of a get out of town on my own bike.
The 650 is the more nimble bike. Get tires that suit the riding surface, fork brace, springs that suit your loaded riding weight, have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts