StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started about a week ago. I sense it is not pulling like it used. I did a TBS about 2 weeks ago and I have DFI with settings as recommended. In idle it feels ok. But on acceleration I can sense I have to give more throttle and the engine vibrates a lot and struggles. By around 60 miles I am one bar down on the fuel gauge (thats like 3 gallons I believe). I used to get 100miles before.

I turned off the DFI but it didnt change anything. The bike is 2007 with abut 4,500 miles on it. I already filled up 3 times from different gas stations (87 octane).

Any ideas. Could I be leaking gas somewhere? Bad sparkplugs? Anything I can check before I start tearing it up?

·
Registered
91 Posts
This started about a week ago. I sense it is not pulling like it used. I did a TBS about 2 weeks ago and I have DFI with settings as recommended. In idle it feels ok. But on acceleration I can sense I have to give more throttle and the engine vibrates a lot and struggles. By around 60 miles I am one bar down on the fuel gauge (thats like 3 gallons I believe). I used to get 100miles before.

I turned off the DFI but it didnt change anything. The bike is 2007 with abut 4,500 miles on it. I already filled up 3 times from different gas stations (87 octane).

Any ideas. Could I be leaking gas somewhere? Bad sparkplugs? Anything I can check before I start tearing it up?
crap in the air filter?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap in the air filter?
Didnt think of that. When I installed the DFI I had to remove the whole airbox and based on DFI's recommendation one of the tubes was removed and the hole was plugged. I should check that . Any other ideas are appreciated.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Think of it this way. If it didn't do it before I worked on it, what did I screw up. Only you know what all you did. Go back over everything to make sure everything is pluged in and where it's supposed to be.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im getting 20 MPG on my DL1K7 (and why I feel like a dork)

Ok, it is the air filter!

But why? Because yours truly (me), put the air filter upside down when I removed the airbox for DFI mod. So all the nice little bugs, were sucked in to the grooves of the filter because the mesh was on the wrong side.

(kick kick)

p.s. Yad and others thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts