StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been stalking the Wee for several years. The 0% financing pushed me to the dealership. I called about 20 local dealerships (within 2 hrs drive) and saved the local, family-owned for last. It was worth it. It was the best price and they had a 2011 in white as I wanted. :thumbup:

Only about 200 miles on her (my commute is only 3 miles roundtrip). Still got 42 mpg. Need to resolve the head buffeting. Wondering if the forum keeps a log where people can list their height, seat setup (stock, lowered 2", etc.), mirrors, and what windshield setup removed the buffeting. I'm thinking what works for 6'4" person may not be the same fix for 5'4". By the way, I'm 5'10", so if any of you are near that height, I want to know what you did to remove buffeting. I'm going to try to remove the mirrors and go for a ride to see if that is the problem. I have an aftermarket set that are shorter and wider (rectangular shape) that I can swap for a test also.

Otherwise, I LOVE it. I also ride a V-Max (2004) and a DRZ400SM. I welcome the fuel injection. I welcome the 6th gear. I welcome the huge gas tank.

I also bought the luggage at time of purchase (2/4/2012) but no word from dealer on luggage. Guess I'll need to call. Don't know that I'll use it so I may put it up for sale.

Regards,
Derek

Tustin, CA
2004 VMax
2008 DRZ400SM
2011 Wee

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
Hola, Orange Co man. 3 mile commute? You'll need to make that ride a bit longer on the way home to get the engine warm.
Enjoy!
I had no buffeting with a MRA vario. But there are threads o' plenty about that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Derek, congratulations on a superb choice of bike! I'm 5'11'' and experienced the buffeting issue at higher speeds (60mph+).
I fitted a Madstad bracket keeping the stock windshield and it was brilliantly effective - no buffeting or excessive wind noise. I'd recommend it.
On the downside, I dropped my Wee recently and the only damage sustained was the Madstad was bent and stretched beyond repair so i've had to replace it with the stock bracket in the lowest setting. I've found that when using the stock bracket buffeting is minimized in the lowest setting.
But its still nowhere near as good as using the Madstad.
In my opinion, essential farkles would be Madstad, some sort of luggage capability and er.... PETROL! Other than that the DL650 is close to perfect :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts