Strom Trooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM DONE :-(
FOR NOW :)

Last Thursday morning while on the job, a VERY heavy object fell and landed on my right foot causing several fractures of metatarsal bones between toes three-four.

The result is now soft cast & ice baths every three hours and I need leg raised above my heart to reduce extensive swelling.

If lucky, crutches next 6-8 weeks or 12 weeks if mending not going well.

No Wee for me till December or 2017 :-(

Ugh!

Be well.

Rob

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Wait right foot?

You're golden. Still can shift, don't need that back brake anyway.

Walking cast, good to go!

:grin2:
exactly what i was thinking....:grin2:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bugger. I take it you weren't wearing steel cap boots?
Steel toes don't protect the area he had injured. The only protection you have in that area is boot laces.

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
I feel your pain. I did the same by hitting a hidden tree stump while riding my RMX250. The only thing I can say is that it didn't hurt as much as the collar bone did. Get well soonest.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know the feeling. After stepping on a framing nail, was out of commission for a few weeks, sucked big time.

Wishing a speedy recovery!0:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where there is a will, there is a way. Guy near me sustained a star fracture of a cervical vertebra and was placed in a halo. Still took his goldwing for early morning rides (figuring that no-one would notice he wasn't wearing a helmet).

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hey right foot, just use that for the rear brake, that's like 15% of your braking... just put your left foot down, that's what we teach in class. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts