StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sitting at Kualal Lumpur internatinal airport catching up the goings on since I have been away. While DL was cruising through the snow I have been leisurly cruising the ouback of Northern Vietnam on a 125c SYM. From Hanoi to Ha Giang, Dong Van back to Ha Giang, Su Phi, Ximan, Bac Ha and Sapa, have seen some real interesting sites and experienced some of the roughest roads and conditions imagineable. Will post some bike related photo's at a later date. This forum is great to while away a couple of hours while I am waiting for a flight.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Gidday Tone,sounds good,looking forward to RR,did you get to eat some of mans best friend :yikes:in a curry/sweet and sour maybe [you wouldn't know]:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
G'day Tony. I wondered what happened to you after you left me in Temora. I made it home that night - you know the "only 100km to (insert town)" - then, after arriving there, saying "only another 100km to..... :headbang:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey Big Tone I was trying to envisage you on a 125 and I kept thinking that was tantamount to bike abuse! Still, I'm not one to talk!

Here's a shot of me on Choccoloco's driveway with the little 1989 Suzuki 500 that the bike shop in Queanbeyan lent me while my Strom was awaiting a new stator to be flown in from Sydney a couple of years ago.

And here it is next to Chocco's Wee.

Despite its compact dimensions I had a terrific time on it exploring Canberra and surrounds for the four days until my bike was repaired. So much so that I'm on the hunt for one for myself, together with a 1970 Honda SL 350. They're both pretty rare these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts