StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DL650 K7
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was gonna install my new tall seat that came in the post today but I dropped my bike with side stand not fully extended. I broke my windshield (Suzuki Aeroflow 27G) and damaged my neighbour's car....You can trust me when I say I'm pretty pissed off with myself and my already stretched travel budget for this fall just took another hit...

Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive design

Gas Engineering Machine Personal protective equipment Electrical wiring

Wood Auto part Electric blue Bumper Automotive exterior

I assume the broken part is part of the windscreen "Suzuki Aeroflow 27G" and not part of the motorcycle and therefore the whole thing can go in the bin? Can anyone confirm?

Do I have all the parts necessary to install a new windscreen? The bike came with this screen and I'm not sure what has been modified...

Options for a windscreen are very limited here due to legal restrictions and this windshield doesn't seem to be available any more....I had a quick look around and the MRA vario screen seems to be the only legal option still available...

F*CK!!!

·
Registered
DL650 K7
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, thanks for the encouragement! I already feel a bit better. I just hope the damage to the car is minor so I dont have to go through insurance.

I recently installed this thing and I suspect it had it's share in my mishap as well as the cobble stone street and a slight decline. I certainly had a few close-calls with the stock side stand before as well so I propably leave it on as the lean angle is way nicer with the boot on.

Rolling Font Composite material Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
DL650 K7
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres an option for ya....+ you get far more adjustability than the stock plastic brkt

Yes...its from China...& if you want the real thing..look up a Madstad brkt. The original adj shield mount
Interesting, thanks. I ordered the OEM replacement bracket from my dealer now already for 70quid. I also prefer to keep it street legal.

·
Registered
DL650 K7
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@Hans471 I appreciate your thoughts on this. It's great to have the skills and experience to fix things. I ordered the replacement already and I'm not sure I have the skills and tools to do this. I mainly do curbside maintenance.
I figured the bracket also acts as a kind of predetermined breaking point in case you fly through it in an accident? Metal might not be the best idea then.

@Brockie I will look into the filing modification to the side stand. Sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
DL650 K7
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well the bike is looking good again. I see your right hand guard has a bit of a boo-boo. Didn't know if you were going to replace it or repair it. There is a simple and low cost kit you can get from Harbor Freight that can fix that right up if you want. This is a very common repair done on plastic bumper covers that get cracked. Its pretty quick and easy to do and less than twenty bucks:

Plastic welding kit
Thanks, I try to ignore it :LOL: It only struck me again after uploading the photo.

I don't feel like any more tools in my household right now but I might try swinging my soldering iron if I ever feel fancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts