StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I spent the last fifty years fixing thing or teaching others how to fix things. I bet $50 I could fix this part. If you look at the break it snapped at a weak point (as things always do). I would use a piece of flat stock aluminum (Hardware store item...less than $10). I would cut it and then bend it to go in behind the two broken parts, drilling holes so that the original bolt holes would still work. This will all be hidden when its all back together. I would then epoxy the metal braces (good JB Weld...not the cheap stuff) to the broken plastic parts. Let it sit over night. Pick up the metric screws that are long enough to make up for the difference and thickness and put it all back together. The repair parts will be out of sight, especially if you touch it up with a little black paint. If done correctly the repaired part will likely be stronger than the factory original.

Or, go spend the money and buy a new part...either way..... I am just old fashion and fix stuff....that way I feel less guilt for my own screw ups!~

·
Registered
921 Posts
Well the bike is looking good again. I see your right hand guard has a bit of a boo-boo. Didn't know if you were going to replace it or repair it. There is a simple and low cost kit you can get from Harbor Freight that can fix that right up if you want. This is a very common repair done on plastic bumper covers that get cracked. Its pretty quick and easy to do and less than twenty bucks:

Plastic welding kit

Reactions: Gert and strom_r0m
1 - 2 of 2 Posts