StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2005 650cc V strom. I went on a ride today and dropped my bike at a stop (I'm still learning how to deal up hills). Other than some scratches, the bike seemed fine. When I parked my bike back home, I noticed I was unable to turn the ignition key to lock (or even PE for that matter). I can turn the bike on and off fine, but the key won't turn counter-clockwise very far and will only go a fourth of the way.

Has anyone had this problem? Would the drop have caused this (It seems unlikely but I'm not mechanically inclined)?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Did you bend the handlebar so it does not turn left far enough for the lock mechanism to be able to engage?

Make sure nothing is binding or hitting anything it normally would not. Rotated bars can also limit rotation.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
And you are turning the wheel as far as the bar travel goes, and then turning to lock?

·
Registered
361 Posts
It is likely the bars are tweaked due to your tip over so you could try placing the front wheel against a fixed object and give the bars a twist in the opposite direction to the side the bike landed on... if one side doesn't do it, try going opposite direction. The shot pin in the key switch is not able to align with the hole in the bar stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts