StromTrooper banner

If I was going to buy a new bike, I would buy a.....

• 2011 Wee - $7199

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • 2011 Vee - $9990

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Wait for the 2012 Wee not knowing the price

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Another make and model

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • My better half would kill me if they seen this poll.

Votes: 3 3.9%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting to consider if I might buy a new wee. The prices are very tempting. The wee is going for $7199 and the vee is $9990. So I thought I would do a little poll to see what the thoughts are out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid 7700 out the door for my 2011 wee... Was offered 8900 out the door locally.. So I got mine 100 miles out.. Soo worth it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to know where you found a new 2011 Wee for $7199. I paid $1000 more for mine 2 months ago.
They are on at Brampton Powersports. All the dealers seem to be blowing them out before the 2012's land.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well bugger. Mine was $8099 +tax back in May. They wouldn't work with me at all on the price, but I was at least able to talk him up on my trade in value. Still... bugger. Oh well, still love my bike.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I picked up my 2010 Wee at Brampton Suzuki (now Brampton Powersports) for $7299 plus HST in September of 2010. $7199 sounds like a good deal unless they're adding freight and PDI to it as well.:fineprint:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up my 2010 Wee at Brampton Suzuki (now Brampton Powersports) for $7299 plus HST in September of 2010. $7199 sounds like a good deal unless they're adding freight and PDI to it as well.:fineprint:
I sent them an email for an out the door price and they told me that the price is $9200 tax included. So, I guess they are adding quite a bit for freight and PDI.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm just starting to consider if I might buy a new wee. The prices are very tempting. The wee is going for $7199 and the vee is $9990. So I thought I would do a little poll to see what the thoughts are out there.
Have you been to TriCity Cycle in Waterloo, I know they have some on the showroom floor - I am sure he would match the price in Brampton.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am very happy with my 07 Wee. The only thing I would add to it (if I bought a new bike) would be ABS. But then I would have to move all my farkles over to the new bike. Nevermind, I will keep mine. Moving all that stuff would be a serious PIA.

·
Registered
490 Posts
IF I was to buy a new bike, it would probably be a GSX1250F or Triumph GT Sprint 1050, but my Wee is just about where I want it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I voted the VEE , but then chosing wee or vee , all depends on the way you use it, I ride daily to work most of the time,, and a wee would be perfect, BUT,, when I go on a trip , it's usually packing double with full saddlebags and trunk ,, so the vee is my tool of choice , lots of bang for the buck , all the torque and power I need . NOW if only it came with a real fairing .

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've taken the 2011 Ninja 1000 out twice now, once solo & once 2 up. All I can say is WOW! :thumbup: Comfortable to ride plus the acceleration and handling are amazing. Wind screen adjusts in 10 seconds at a light, not 10 minutes in the driveway, and it actually makes a difference. Fully up at highway+ speeds the chest is protected with clean air at the helmet. They've dropped the price and offered a good trade in on my 08 Wee. All I'm waiting for is the tail rack (see z1000sx at the UK web site) to be available in Canada.

I will miss the ABS (I can't believe they offer it everywhere else but North America) and centre stand.

·
Registered
335 Posts
In this poll, I did vote for buying another Vee, because I feel that the early version I have is so good, but by now has been updated and most glitches fixed by Suzuki. I would have to try one just to see how good the bike could be.

Side note:

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning many different vehicles over the years.

The only repeat purchase of any vehicle so far are Chevy trucks.
I'm on the fourth and fifth right now. Both have over 140k.
Both have 454's with TPI. They can't pull wheelies but they want to!

The only cage that I have ever owned and would buy again is the little Pontiac Vibe (Toyota made). Odd choice, but you have to own one to know. It's like the Wee of the car world.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The only cage that I have ever owned and would buy again is the little Pontiac Vibe (Toyota made). Odd choice, but you have to own one to know. It's like the Wee of the car world.
I have a Toyota Matrix which is basically the same car. I think the AWD model is a perfect complement to the Strom. It gets me where I need to go in the snow and is dead reliable. I towed my then new bike home from Ohio with it in a February snow storm.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 650 is never leaving my garage. I will ride it till it self-destructs, or I pass it on to Jnr. in a couple of years.
My next bike will be a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic, in that gorgeous burnt orange colour. I think it would make a nice compliment to the VStrom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Toyota Matrix which is basically the same car. I think the AWD model is a perfect complement to the Strom. It gets me where I need to go in the snow and is dead reliable. I towed my then new bike home from Ohio with it in a February snow storm.
If we are talking cars now, I have to put a plug in for my 2006 Subaru Forester XT (Turbo with a 5 speed). Performance of a WRX without being a cop magnet, big enough to carry a canoe on the roof or an apartment size fridge in the back, 2 1/2" longer than a Honda Civic, so its easy to park and handle in the city, fabulous all wheel drive in winter, and a massive sun roof that almost feels like a convertable when everything is open. To bad Subaru got out of the performance wagon business when they decided to turn the Forester into a CRV clone in 2009.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts