StromTrooper banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 V-Strom 650XT Adventure
37 Posts
Don't you know better than to ask a bunch of old guys a question like that? LOL for me it would be my 1971 Yamaha RT1 360 Enduro. Worked all summer to buy it when I was 15 and rode it until I graduated high school and went in the Air Force. The other would be my dream bike which I bought brand new- 1983 Suzuki GS 1100. Crashed it twice, totaled it the second time, got married had kids and that's all she wrote for several decades till I bought my 2020 Wee. It's good to be back!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Kaplan Cycles out east has some actions lately of some classics. $$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
358 Posts
The ONE BIKE that changed my life forever. My Sears mo-ped that I got for Christmas in 1958.

·
Registered
2019 DL650XT
47 Posts
1. 1991 VFR - I still keep my eyes open for a mint VFR, but I don't actually have the space for it.

Close runner up

2. 2005 KTM 950 Adventure

All others are sentimental and I wouldn't actually buy if I had the chance at a nice one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 1975 250 CAN-AM. CHANGE THE FRONT SPROCKET,launch in 2nd. Gear; also a Monster killer(well maybe up to 650 cc killer) light to light).

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III. For me best of the LeMans. 2nd would me my Yamaha RZ350 2 stroke water cooled, light,fast they don't make them like this anymore!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably the one I miss most is a 1984 Ducati MHR. I unpacked it from the crate myself. It was one of the most expensive bikes of the day and i couldn't really afford it. unfortunately after a crash I could not afford to fully rebuild it and sold it to an acquaintance of mine who have another duke. To this day I regret selling it. For reference this is not the exact bike. This one is someones restored MHR which had a slightly modified lower fairing. Mine had Conti pipes and bar end mirrors, same wheels and paint.

·
Vendor
6,090 Posts
My 1984 RG500. Close ratio gearbox so so you needed to slip the clutch to get going but it would pull power wheelies at about 7,000 rpm if you just nailed it. Signed off at 9,500 though but use the gears and hang on.
View attachment 293049
I'll bet you do wish you still had that one. For the rest us that didn't know -

"The Suzuki RG500 "Gamma" is a two stroke sport bike that was produced by Suzuki for just two years between 1985 and 1987.

The RG"Gamma" 500 was directly based on the series of Suzuki RG Γ 500 Grand Prix motorcycle with almost identical features to the official two stroke machines used by Italian world champion Franco Uncini during the 1984 season with the Gallina team. The RG Γ 500 won two consecutive Riders' Championships in the 500 cc class with Marco Lucchinelli 1981 Franco Uncini in 1982. Like its GP forebearers, the road-going RG was powered by a naturally aspirated, rotary-valve inducted, twin crank square four two-stroke engine displacing some 498 cc. This engine employed thermostatically controlled liquid-cooling by means of a front-mounted radiator."

·
Registered
84 Posts
An excellent condition 1970 Suzuki TS90 Honcho I lost in a divorce, decades ago. Even the chrome fenders were still perfect. Just like a country song, yes, she even took my dog......

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'll bet you do wish you still had that one. For the rest us that didn't know -

"The Suzuki RG500 "Gamma" is a two stroke sport bike that was produced by Suzuki for just two years between 1985 and 1987.

The RG"Gamma" 500 was directly based on the series of Suzuki RG Γ 500 Grand Prix motorcycle with almost identical features to the official two stroke machines used by Italian world champion Franco Uncini during the 1984 season with the Gallina team. The RG Γ 500 won two consecutive Riders' Championships in the 500 cc class with Marco Lucchinelli 1981 Franco Uncini in 1982. Like its GP forebearers, the road-going RG was powered by a naturally aspirated, rotary-valve inducted, twin crank square four two-stroke engine displacing some 498 cc. This engine employed thermostatically controlled liquid-cooling by means of a front-mounted radiator."
Back when I had my first V65 Sabre two of my friends had Yammies - one an RZ350 and the other the RZ500 V4. That was a screaming monster, but it did get a few crankshafts under warranty.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,387 Posts
I also rode the RZ500 but it had this weird kick start lever where it was necessary to open it out and then push the lever and shaft inwards to engage the starter gear. Main reason why I chose the Suzuki.

Another guy in town also had one. After I had moved on to a GSXR he told me in the early 90's that he would never sell his RG500. I wonder if he still owns it?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts