StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I'd also like my first bike... a Can Am 125 MX1. Probably be better if I got the same sized 175 version due to weight gain. Came very close to buying one a couple of years ago.

·
Administrator
14,375 Posts
My 1969 Norton 750. To this day I think the Commando is a pure beautiful bike and I love looking at then and listening to them. I must have a masochistic side to me as I once went 100 miles and nothing broke. (It had a rough life before I bought it and it didn't get any easier when I had it.)

I'd also like to have my first bike, a Honda 90 model C200. Cast iron cylinder head pushrods. Purely sentimental reasons.

..Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2003 BMW R1150RT. Bought it used, low miles, as a commuter bike. Best aerodynamics of any bike I've ridden. Alone on a freeway the wind would form an envelope around me. Didn't hurt that it was dark blue with a modulated headlight - people thought I was a cop and got out of my way.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2011 650
18 Posts
My 75 MT250 Elsinore, I wish I never sold it. I have never been able to find one that is complete. I have been looking for years.
I learned to ride on that exact bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Guzzi Griso, a long way from being the fastest bike I’ve owned but was a lovely thing to ride. Bags of character and sounded fantastic. After a rocky start (failed speedo sensor and leaking rocker box gaskets on the first day of ownership) it settled down and never missed a beat in the couple of years I owned it. I stupidly sold it when somebody offered me a really good price for it, then instantly regretted it.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2014 DL1000ADV 2016 DR650SE
63 Posts
I learned to ride on that exact bike.
I'm surprised you kept it running long enough to learn on it.
I had a 1976 MR250 that is basically the same bike, and it was by far the biggest POS bike I have ever owned.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
It would be my 1988 BMW R100RS in Pearl White.
I purchased mine new in 1983, at a rally I overheard some guys discussing the colour, one said silver, one said gold the third said it's like a fish it changes colour. !!!

I sold that bike to get the deposit for my first home and that was the best investment I have ever made so I have no regrets.

I have a 88 RT that I turned into a street tracker as a play thing.

Reactions: angusmcoz

·
Registered
2014 DL650A
33 Posts
You all had some very nice bikes. The one that I miss is a little different:
1982 Honda CT110.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

This was my hunting rig for many years and never, ever, failed me. Downright stealthy, ridiculously economical, would go places my brother's quad couldn't, and was light enough to drag under or over a downed tree. Some guys drive "Hoggs" I called her "Piglet".

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,387 Posts
My 1984 RG500. Close ratio gearbox so so you needed to slip the clutch to get going but it would pull power wheelies at about 7,000 rpm if you just nailed it. Signed off at 9,500 though but use the gears and hang on.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I have 3 ct110's, they can sit for years but still fire right up even on old fuel. (one is Aust Post model)

I also have a ct125 and 3x ct200 auto's

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I'm surprised you kept it running long enough to learn on it.
I had a 1976 MR250 that is basically the same bike, and it was by far the biggest POS bike I have ever owned.
Mine never missed a beat and I trashed it. Being a 2 stroke I had to ring it every 10,000 or so but I rode this thing all over the country with nothing but a backpack. They were really bottom basic tech, not much to break unless you crash it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
They were really bottom basic tech, not much to break unless you crash it.
That's true. I recently did a "make run" on an MR175 that was very complete but had been sitting a long time. What a great bike to work on, so simple. Excellent performance from a mid-sized bike with standard porting and a quiet pipe. The owner did a full resto on it and it is now a really nice piece, and pretty quick. Best, DD

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
My first bike, Honda 305 Superhawk. Got it in 1971. Haven't missed owning any bike for more than three years since then.

·
Premium Member
2020 V-Strom 650XT Adventure
37 Posts
My 1978 Yamaha RD400 and the guts to ride it like I did in 1980 when I bought it. Man…when I pulled on those paper thin Bates “racing” gloves, I WAS King Kenny Roberts. Well, in my mind anyway.👍🏻🙂
I always wanted one! I loved all the RD 2 strokes 70s and 80s.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts