StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
My 1982 Honda CX500Turbo! Unique, and the most comfortable touring bike I've ever owned. Lacking in power, didn't handle great in twisties, but I loved it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I wish I had never fallen for the Yamaha 250 two-stroke rush and sold my Honda 305 SuperHawk. I'd ride it today as it is sooo similar in weight and power to my 2015 CB300F/
1965_Honda_Hawk.JPG.jpg

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My V65 Sabre hands down - the second one. They both had the Hondaline fairing & lowers, but the second one also had a pair of Hondaline briefcase hard bags off a CBX. It was big and powerful and big and comfortable and big and sporty and MAN what a blast second gear roll ons were!

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Jeez, that's a hard question. I've had a few bikes over the years that I'd really like back. A very nice CB400F, an RZ500. An RZ350 with a full, genuine Toomey exhaust and intake kit. A beautiful, completely stock RD350. An RD350 with chambers, carb work and ported cylinders that was stupid scary fast. :eek:

But I think "the one" would be my first SV650. Got it the day it hit the dealership in February '99. Bought it to race, but rode it on the street until September that year. Took a wonderful 3 week 7000 mile trip on it up into British Columbia and then down to Monterrey for WSB. Race prepped it and won my first two races on it (albeit Novice). Raced it for the next 2 years and had the best time of my life. My avatar photo is me on that bike at Daytona in 2001, the last race weekend I rode it.
Going into the 2002 season we were building it as a endurance bike, but it wasn't done before the first race weekend. So I borrowed a buddies bike, which I proceeded to crash very heavily, destroying it and breaking myself up pretty badly too. Ended my season. So I gave him my bike, which he raced for a couple of years until the motor blew. We stuffed a stock motor in it and sold the bike to someone in Arkansas.
I really wouldn't care what shape it's in, I still have some of the race bodywork from it so I can just bolt that on and hang it on a wall.
If anyone ever comes across a '99 SV with a VIN that ends in 00091, call me. :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Always liked my 1985 Yamaha XT600. I ran that thing into the ground. Why I had to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Maybe my 1972 Honda Z50 or 1975 Yamaha YZ80 I had as a kid, but if I like a bike I don't sell it, I don't like to have to ask myself this question.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Suzuki TS125X 2-stroke fun on and off-road. It was light and fast for 125.
I also always wanted another Puch Maxi S (moped) from my teenage years, tuned and with an illegal ''race pipe'' of course.

·
Registered
2009 DL650
20 Posts
The only bikes I've gotten rid of are Kawasaki's - 1998 KX125, 2017 KX250, and 2015 Vulcan S. I don't seriously regret selling any of them.
The 125 was turning into a money pit, and got replaced by the 250.
The 250 wasn't street legal nor a candidate to become street legal, so it got replaced by the KTM 450 EXC-F. While I do occasionally miss the non-DOT knobbies and proper MX race chassis, this was for the best as I gained a Rekluse hydraulic clutch, e-start, and didn't have to jump through hoops to get a title.
The Vulcan S got replaced by the Wee. Absolutely ZERO regrets there, as the V-Strom addressed all of the complaints I had with the Vulcan.

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
320 Posts
Suzuki TS125X 2-stroke fun on and off-road. It was light and fast for 125.
I also always wanted another Puch Maxi S (moped) from my teenage years, tuned and with an illegal ''race pipe'' of course.
I still have mine. Again. It's in need of a full restoration as it was ridden hard when I was a teen and then sold to someone who let it sit for a couple decades before I bought it at their estate sale 20+ years ago.
Never considered it "fast" but was bulletproof.

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
320 Posts
I haven't had many bikes since I was a teenager (now in my 60's) but to an extent I miss them all. The '82 SilverWing Interstate, a pair of 2002/2005 C10 Concours and the ST1300.
If I didn't have the GoldWing I would want the ST back in the shed along with the V-Strom

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 1970 Bultaco 250 Pursang (Model 68). The infamous Pelican. Put a 3.5 gallon desert tank on mine and raced hare and hounds in the Mojave Desert (District 37). Picked up a lot of tropies with that bike. Followed by a 1972 250 Pursang.
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
It's a tossup...

1982 Yamaha Seca 550, purely for sentimental reasons, my first bike thanks to my brother Fathead:

1997 R1100GS, since it became so familiar after~150k miles (and I really miss the telelever front suspension):

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Smile

·
Registered
222 Posts
My 2002 Triumph Sprint. Loved to ride it, but my neck didn't after a few years. The V-Strom allows me to sit upright so I can still ride at all.

I like the idea of having my BSA 441 back, but in reality, no. No. No.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I said when I got my D'Elle in 2018 that I wouldn't miss my 2001 Kawasaki ZX11 "Zeex" but there are days...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2011 650
18 Posts
BMW K75. It was a top heavy beast, and I was too dumb to seek out the factory low seat. But that triple sound at high revs was just amazing to me.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts