StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lady from Holland riding from the tip of South America to Alaska.
And this is her Corona Virus interruption in Peru right now. So real time watching of this trip.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Every time I see the word Holland I am reminded of the 90 TV show In Living Color, men on vacation Blain Edwards and Antione Merriweather talk about world travel. When they talk about Holland the land of dikes...….Hated it!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every time I see the word Holland I am reminded of the 90 TV show In Living Color, men on vacation Blain Edwards and Antione Merriweather talk about world travel. When they talk about Holland the land of dikes...….Hated it!
What's your point?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like her goofiness..but i think she has a tongue ring and i think it bothers me to listen to her talk sometimes...not sure if its that or not...but yeah she is pretty good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I found her long-term review of her Royal Himalayan last week, thought she did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Noraly has removed the tongue ring for Season 2 where she is riding from Patagonia to Alaska. Her videos are a nice mix of often difficult off roading and pretty good scenery.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thanks Max. I just watched that episode and subscribed. Maybe I'll start at the beginning now. I enjoy that kind of riding and scenery.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've Been watching all of season 2. I live the scenery and her choice of back routes. Also like her descriptions of the culture, places she visits and people she meets.

The drone footage it's pretty good too.

Overall I'm quite impressed with her v-blog. Let's me see a part of the world in way better detail and from a perspective that I couldn't get anywhere else

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you like Itchy Boots you might also like On Her Bike. Lady originally from Poland but living in Australia, now riding up from S. Korea all the way West and then South into Africa on a BMW F800GS. Currently in Ethiopia. She doesn't post as regularly as Itchy Boots though.

A little more extreme... Lyndon Poskitt. He rides his bike (a heavily customised KTM 690) to rally races, swaps a few parts to make the bike race-ready, rides the race, swaps the parts again and continues. He was the only participant in Dakar who rode to the start of Dakar on his own bike. And he went the long way round: from the UK via Mongolia to Australia, then to San Francisco, Alaska, Latin America into Argentina for the Dakar, and then onwards.

What I also like about Lyndon is how he does his own maintenance. In one episode he was in the middle of a tropical forest when his bike quit. Completely dead out of the blue. He diagnosed this as a broken rocker arm. Not only did he have the knowledge to diagnose it and the tools to fix it, but he actually had a spare rocker arm with him. So he was back on the road an hour or so later.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
" He diagnosed this as a broken rocker arm. Not only did he have the knowledge to diagnose it and the tools to fix it, but he actually had a spare rocker arm with him. So he was back on the road an hour or so later "

Shades of Then Came Bronson. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
If you like Itchy Boots you might also like On Her Bike. Lady originally from Poland but living in Australia, now riding up from S. Korea all the way West and then South into Africa on a BMW F800GS. Currently in Ethiopia. She doesn't post as regularly as Itchy Boots though.

A little more extreme... Lyndon Poskitt. He rides his bike (a heavily customised KTM 690) to rally races, swaps a few parts to make the bike race-ready, rides the race, swaps the parts again and continues. He was the only participant in Dakar who rode to the start of Dakar on his own bike. And he went the long way round: from the UK via Mongolia to Australia, then to San Francisco, Alaska, Latin America into Argentina for the Dakar, and then onwards.

What I also like about Lyndon is how he does his own maintenance. In one episode he was in the middle of a tropical forest when his bike quit. Completely dead out of the blue. He diagnosed this as a broken rocker arm. Not only did he have the knowledge to diagnose it and the tools to fix it, but he actually had a spare rocker arm with him. So he was back on the road an hour or so later.
You use a KTM to do a RTW, you had better be good at roadside repairs🤣🤣

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’ve been watching both of these women for a while. Each one does interesting videos with good scenery and ok commentary. Pretty brave in my book for a chick to do around the world solo in these times.
I am also inspired because they are doing something I would also love to do. New places, cultures, scenery and isolation all on a bike... what’s not to like. It would really be fun to do it with an attractive chicka!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I just started watching Itchy Boots, love her videos. You don't see many woman doing this sort of thing, and she's pretty handy with roadside repairs. There's so many of these types of videos that I can live vicariously through them...almost.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Count me in as another new fan. Started with series 2 and up to #16.

Reactions: Cryoman and om28
1 - 20 of 40 Posts