StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14-16 guys - do our models no longer have the handy undertank idle adjustment screw I've seen described as existing on earlier models? I'm hoping not so, as would like to up mine by a little but don't know how. If no handy screw, how is it done??

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
This is handled by the ECM now, there is no adjustment for it. With the updated ECM (part of recall) it will have a faster idle when first started and then settle down to around 1200/1100 RPM after.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does not do this - idle isn't faster on startup. When was this recall? I'm Australia. How might one check if recall change was made do you think?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine does not do this - idle isn't faster on startup. When was this recall? I'm Australia. How might one check if recall change was made do you think?
Contact a Suzuki dealer and provide them the VIN number.. They should be able to see if the recall has been done.. They may need to look at the revision number printed on the ECU itself to see if it needs replacement.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As far as I know there wasn't a full recall on the ECU in Australia. It is on a case by case basis as apparently not all ECUs here are affected.
It is a good ideas to contact a Suzuki dealer workshop and see what they have to say about your issue.

There have been several recalls do do with electrical wiring on our bikes, so you should also check with the workshop to see if they have been done on yours.

This is the thread where an number of us Aussies related our ECU experiences.
https://www.stromtrooper.com/australia-new-zealand/318258-v2-ecu-oz.html

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The one thing I hate about my new ECU is the high idle.

Check out the Aussie part of this forum it will tell you how to go about getting the upgrade.

I told my local shop if they got me a new ECU I would pay them to service my bike at the same time as they fitted the ECU, they ordered the ECU there and then while we were talking.

Remember to take both keys with you for the upgrade as here down under we have a chip in the key, not all bikes get that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts